Airdrieonians v Stranraer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofcourse he was to blame it's that simple

It's a team game though, did any of his team mates prevent the cross coming in? Did any of the defenders get to the ball in the air before the scorer? Did any of the defenders match the forwards run when he gambled on Rohan spilling the ball? Simple you say.

8 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It's a team game though, did any of his team mates prevent the cross coming in? Did any of the defenders get to the ball in the air before the scorer? Did any of the defenders match the forwards run when he gambled on Rohan spilling the ball? Simple you say.

Of course we can all analyse who contributed to the lost goals but do you think MW does? he said you can't prepare for mistakes(or something like that) but do they do video analysis? Think not. The Rovers will pump the ball into our box regularly on Saturday so maybe he will prepare for that?

Of course we can all analyse who contributed to the lost goals but do you think MW does? he said you can't prepare for mistakes(or something like that) but do they do video analysis? Think not. The Rovers will pump the ball into our box regularly on Saturday so maybe he will prepare for that?

I think the point is that even though Rohan was at fault at some point, there was other mistakes too - at both goals.

Not seen anyone being asked questions as to other players fault(s) It all seems to be about Rohan, which is a tad harsh.

9 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I think the point is that even though Rohan was at fault at some point, there was other mistakes too - at both goals.

Not seen anyone being asked questions as to other players fault(s) It all seems to be about Rohan, which is a tad harsh.

I agree and hope MW is doing it

1 hour ago, Car number 54 said:

Got to say Airdrie were pretty poor but we have been on a good run of form,looks like last season all over again,but safety first then take it from there.

How many points do you think will mean safety in this league? I would go for 46 and desperately hope Airdrie and Stranraer can reach it. Judging by our results, I am praying Stenhousemuir go down as they keep beating us! Form wise we are bottom recently but that what's you get from a full time inexperienced manager and an absent DOF who recommended him.

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

How many points do you think will mean safety in this league? I would go for 46 and desperately hope Airdrie and Stranraer can reach it. Judging by our results, I am praying Stenhousemuir go down as they keep beating us! Form wise we are bottom recently but that what's you get from a full time inexperienced manager and an absent DOF who recommended him.

I think 46 seems very high Cc,usually if 36 games are played in a League 40 points is the target,and I would think that might not be far away,I think Stenny must have improved and earlier on in the season I thought they were hopeless,but have picked up points recently.

4 hours ago, Car number 54 said:

I think 46 seems very high Cc,usually if 36 games are played in a League 40 points is the target,and I would think that might not be far away,I think Stenny must have improved and earlier on in the season I thought they were hopeless,but have picked up points recently.

An interesting debate and I hope you are right on 40; I'll go for 42 and we will keep in touch as the season draws near an end. Stenny were much better than us in every game this season. I am hoping they have peaked!

We were relegated (in ninth place) with 44 points in 2002-03 - an unusually high number. Hamilton Accies finished eighth with 47 points. (We also reached the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals that year) We were only 11 points behind second-placed Brechin City who were promoted!

The way things are going it could be another high figure to avoid the drop this year!

Our form has been dreadful for months now, and we're still, somehow, in the top four.  It's a sign of how poor this league is, really.  Even if we only manage the odd isolated win with no decent runs of form (as against Stranraer in December, or Peterhead a few weeks ago), I would think we'll be safe enough from any relegation worries.  It won't be anything like good enough to take us up, though. 

3 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Our form has been dreadful for months now, and we're still, somehow, in the top four.  It's a sign of how poor this league is, really.  Even if we only manage the odd isolated win with no decent runs of form (as against Stranraer in December, or Peterhead a few weeks ago), I would think we'll be safe enough from any relegation worries.  It won't be anything like good enough to take us up, though. 

I agree but it is a worry. There is no way we are going up with this team. I can't remember any team winning promotion play offs having lost almost half of their games at this point of a season? ( And given our previous record?) I would like to be optimistic but reality soon strikes.

7 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

We were relegated (in ninth place) with 44 points in 2002-03 - an unusually high number. Hamilton Accies finished eighth with 47 points. (We also reached the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals that year) We were only 11 points behind second-placed Brechin City who were promoted!

The way things are going it could be another high figure to avoid the drop this year!

That was the season we thought we'd been promoted by winning at Stranraer on the last game of the season (2-1 I think), started celebrating, then lost out thanks to a Chris Templeman stoppage time winner in a delayed kick-off for Brechin! Bad memories.

Yes a point behind Brechin as it turned out. Was it the transistor radios or mobile phones that gave the real result rather than the PA guy? I had neither in those days. Hard to believe 44 points took you down then. lets hope it does not re-occur for either team.

That was the season we thought we'd been promoted by winning at Stranraer on the last game of the season (2-1 I think), started celebrating, then lost out thanks to a Chris Templeman stoppage time winner in a delayed kick-off for Brechin! Bad memories.

I was Majorca dancing like a loon, cursing my wife for booking said holiday. A very solemn phone call from a minibus in Stranraer confirmed it. All I remember is being consoled by a Motherwell fan, believe it or not. My wife just stood at the bar shaking her head.

Archived