Airdrieonians v Stranraer

We are rapidly heading for the relegation play offs. Only 6 points off 9th place and playing the Rovers in 9th on Saturday. I think we are in bother as there's not one player who looks like he knows what he is doing and what the plan is. Total shambles from top to bottom. Full time my arse.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely hopeless. I think we get worse every week. You couldn't actually tell Stranraer were the part time team with only ten men... they were committed and put a shift in. Meanwhile there are players in our squad who are stealing a wage... with a manager who looks absolutely lost... and a director of football who is absolutely lost (on match days). 

What an absolute waste of a season. If we make the top 4 I'd be stunned. If we finish in the bottom 2 it wouldn't surprise me. 

The referee was absolutely abysmal btw - but that's irrelevant given our lack of effort, ability and determination today. 

get rohan to f**k

Perhaps you mean "maybe this young lad should be rested until there is a reasonable defence in front of him"

In either scenario the problem with that is we don't have an older or more experienced keeper to use at the moment. So it'd be another youngster.

If you did mean what you typed I'd prefer if you got yourself to f**k.

Terrible first half from both sides. 2nd half was crazy. We scored a decent goal. Then airdrie get a pen and a red. belford saves. Thought the double whammy didnt exist for that kind of incident. Thought it was a yellow and pen. Not even sure the block was inside.

We get a 2nd when gibson catches the goalkeeper out. He fumbles and thomson taps in the rebound. Airdrie are more and more woeful. Chasing the game their defence seems to think playing onetwos with their own goalie is the way to get a result. No wonder airdrie fans left after 2nd. They were dreadful. Then charleston has another strange moment. Ball comes in. Appears to deflect off airdrie players arm at his side then hit robertsons arm at his side. Ref gives freekick outside box yet it looks inside. Airdrie score.

Without being anywhere near good we win which is pleasing. Yet to see many decent games at airdrie and that continues however at least this time we won.

Terrible first half from both sides. 2nd half was crazy. We scored a decent goal. Then airdrie get a pen and a red. belford saves. Thought the double whammy didnt exist for that kind of incident. Thought it was a yellow and pen. Not even sure the block was inside.

It was clearly outside the box. Good save from Cammy and even better was his quick thinking to hook the ball to safety as Russell had followed up and would probably have netted the rebound.

Fantastic battling display in the second half!

Another terrible performance. Stranraer weren't great but were better organised and more commited than us. We didn't look like scoring and I can't remember their keeper having too much to do apart from the penalty save and a save from Stewart. We seem to be getting worse every week and have no chance of finishing in the top 4 at this rate. 

It's pretty damning of Wilson that the personnel in the back 4 have improved, yet our results are getting worse because middle to front we now look abysmal. Both goals yesterday were largely Ferguson's fault, first one he started to go for it, then retreated, so was in no man's land. Should either have cleaned everyone out, or stayed on his line for an easy save. Second a simple fumble. The actual back 4 looked relatively comfortable though compared to earlier in the season. However going forward we were shocking, Ryan was as bad as I've seen him, McKay is lost, and that midfield 4 is never going to create anything other than the odd marauding run from Stewart.

45 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

To be honest only Ryan and the Ref were trying hard for Airdrie, Highlights will show  Neil tackle outside the box, and had his watch stopped.

Don't know if I can bear to watch the "highlights". Even Ryan had a slight off day but he did try and most of the rest were mediocre or dire. Thought Stranraer looked as if they knew what the game plan was. Laughed at Belford taking the piss with that huge dive after the ball had gone past. Interesting that a missed penalty by Malcolm in the first game was decisive and I think we experienced the same with Russell's miss. Will come back to you when I do watch the incidents. Charleson is almost as bad as Northcroft.

3 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

To be honest only Ryan and the Ref were trying hard for Airdrie, Highlights will show  Neil tackle outside the box, and had his watch stopped.

Yes you were correct, he pulled him back outside the box. No Red Card. No Penalty miss: -maybe we would have scored from the free kick! Thought his handball was in the box but we did score from that one.

Charleston is always crap. Yesterday confirmed it. We knew at the game it shouldnt have been a red or a pen. Just lucky we won. Dont know if the club are appealing. They should.

29 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Charleston is always crap. Yesterday confirmed it. We knew at the game it shouldnt have been a red or a pen. Just lucky we won. Dont know if the club are appealing. They should.

Costs money to appeal if rejected I think, but certainly he got it wrong. I think he sent off Neil Parry last season for us and his decision was upheld but in this case he was wrong. Wonder why W. Conquer his assistant did not spot it was outside?

Archived