Airdrieonians v Stranraer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we could too, but don't feel relaxed about this one as it's not a venue that we have a great record at.

We're definitely the form team of the two, and if we play the way we have been since Faz took over it will be much more interesting to watch than our last visit to New Broomfield. At least I'm looking forward to going to games again!!

4 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Is Gordon Diesel and Mark Wilson still in charge?   

Yes but Gordon will be on the radio no doubt. Have yet to lose any points to Stranraer but they have improved since getting shot of Reid so it will be difficult. No idea how we will play-the terrible defence at start or the impressive mid half at Alloa? Await a scary afternoon and will miss Andy Murray in Dubai final, which in itself is often not a relaxing time.

26 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Wee Barry in soon (nap)

I assume (nap) is a betting term or are you sleeping on it? I can see given connections to TW via Rangers theories might suggest this, but if you fail miserably at Clyde, is he any more likely to fail/succeed with Airdrie? Will await developments. Can we afford another contract dispute?

Well, I'll go and pay my money and watch my team like I always do.

Am I excited aboot it? Naw.

Feeling confident for a result/good performance? Naw.

Hopeful that things will improve?  F◇ckin' right!

MON THE DIAMONDS!!!

◇◇♢♢♢◇◇

Tomorrow will set the tone for March in my opinion. If we lose to Stranraer, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could get to the end of the month having not won a game. If we win however, it gives us a bit of confidence going to the Rovers next week then who knows? Not confident about tomorrow though.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I assume (nap) is a betting term or are you sleeping on it?

No it's "pan" backwards

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can see given connections to TW via Rangers theories might suggest this, but if you fail miserably at Clyde, is he any more likely to fail/succeed with Airdrie? 

In his old fashioned downmarket printed media column today he clearly states his ambition to manage Rangers.   He also vents his frustration at coaching a part time team.

So, in order to bag his dream job he is insinuating he'll need to manage a full time team to prove himself.

How many f/t opportunities are out there, especially for someone who has "failed" at Clyde?

Ferguson actually funded players out of his own pocket.  He is one of Wotherspoon's financial backers.   

Also, TW said "no chance" (so obviously it will happen).

Archived