7th round Scottish

Hughheffner69

Quarter Finals shaping up like this at the moment...

Bannockburn v Colville Park 

Hurlford Thistle v Eastfield or Bowhill Rovers 

Barca Milton 97 v Letham AFC or Oban Saints 

Craigshill Thistle or Dunblane Thistle v Giffnock North or Southside 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

Hurlford the best side I've seen this year, surprised if they don't win it

Hurlford going by today are a good unit and really strong especially at the back.

Think they lack a bit of cutting edge in midfield supplying the 2 excellent forwards.

Think they will fall short of the final, Colville to win it again at a canter. 

5 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Have barca milton improved? Played them several times and i must say im staggered to see how far theyve came. I mean that with no disrespect as its a great run and good for LEAFA just wouldnt consider them as a top edinburgh side.

We've (St Bernard's) beaten them twice in the league this season, they've definitely improved this season, we just held on to win 4-3 a couple weeks ago at their pitch which was definitely a leveller for them but their results away from home in the Scottish have been outstanding and they seem to be raising their game for it. 

Great to see a team like that doing so well, with the greatest respect I don't think think even they expected it but results speak for themselves and it's no fluke!

We've (St Bernard's) beaten them twice in the league this season, they've definitely improved this season, we just held on to win 4-3 a couple weeks ago at their pitch which was definitely a leveller for them but their results away from home in the Scottish have been outstanding and they seem to be raising their game for it. 
Great to see a team like that doing so well, with the greatest respect I don't think think even they expected it but results speak for themselves and it's no fluke!

They were always stuffy on their own park as its very narrow. Take it theyve got new boys in? Just always remember them not being not very memorable with not anyone really standing out, im not saying this to be a dick just amazed at how far theyve came. Im taking nothing away from them at all its a great run

7 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

They were always stuffy on their own park as its very narrow. Take it theyve got new boys in? Just always remember them not being not very memorable with not anyone really standing out, im not saying this to be a dick just amazed at how far theyve came. Im taking nothing away from them at all its a great run

Aye mate almost completely new side from last couple seasons and a new management team. When Hutchie/Vics loco folded, they got some of their players aswell. 

One absolute standout Scott Smith previously of Hibs, guys a class act.

Honestly surprised myself but delighted to see them defying the odds and a home game next gives them a real chance of making the semis which I hope they do!

Aye mate almost completely new side from last couple seasons and a new management team. When Hutchie/Vics loco folded, they got some of their players aswell. 
One absolute standout Scott Smith previously of Hibs, guys a class act.
Honestly surprised myself but delighted to see them defying the odds and a home game next gives them a real chance of making the semis which I hope they do!

Vics loco were a decent side mate so they will have improved what they had. Park is a leveler as its very tight. Couldnt agree more mate for me its the story of the cup so far, good advert for LEAFA. Everyone is aware of Craigshill so its no surprise.

I don't go on these forums at all unless I need to but had to put it across don't ure spot on mate use were the far better team second half and if I'm honest use deserved much more out the game and some save fae u mate well done , very hard game and all the best broomhouse very gd side 

11 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

I can't believe Craigshill didn't beat Dunblane.

Having been at the game I think most in attendance would agree Dunblane were probably the better team with more chances and unlucky not to go through, should be a cracking replay next week for the neutrals again. 

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 16:43, Donscott22 said:

broomhouse v hurlford thistle 

hard one to take beat 1-0 personally thought we wher better team and deserved something from it. Ref let a few poor calls go one being a stone wall pen for us but all best to hurlford good group of lads 

28 minutes ago, M mullen said:

I don't go on these forums at all unless I need to but had to put it across don't ure spot on mate use were the far better team second half and if I'm honest use deserved much more out the game and some save fae u mate well done , very hard game and all the best broomhouse very gd side 

7 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Michael hope your well mate, still hearing you haven't lost it 

U don't lose it Michael u just get heavier lol in my case too heavy ha ha 

1 hour ago, M mullen said:

Cheers mick top man  all the best to you and the guys good group of boys and the stagf wher all spot on.  

You boys been watching too much haye - bellew. On a serious note, good to see the respect shown between players/teams, usually find the top teams and players have and show that mutual respect, and don't shout their mouths off. Whereas the more derogatory posters aren't quite at that level, or as successful. Good luck to all teams still in and commiserations to those put out at weekend.

Archived