7th round Scottish

Hughheffner69

You boys been watching too much haye - bellew. On a serious note, good to see the respect shown between players/teams, usually find the top teams and players have and show that mutual respect, and don't shout their mouths off. Whereas the more derogatory posters aren't quite at that level, or as successful. Good luck to all teams still in and commiserations to those put out at weekend.

Funny you say that because Oban had no respect for their opponents yesterday

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhh, what was occurring xnxx? Going by match reports Oban very lucky to still be in tie.

Players heard before game saying this will be easy and Letham have no experience.In my opinion they are lucky to be in still as in the build up the ref gave a very soft free kick to Oban for the defender and striker coming together as the Letham player tried to let ball go out of play

1 hour ago, Donscott22 said:

Cheers mick top man  all the best to you and the guys good group of boys and the stagf wher all spot on.  

Don mate honest sometimes you don't get what you deserve mate and that was what happened  against use pal at least use deserved  replay , great guy mate I've had a gd few chats wae u at work gd lad and fantastic goalie pal aww the best 

40 minutes ago, xnxx said:

Players heard before game saying this will be easy and Letham have no experience.In my opinion they are lucky to be in still as in the build up the ref gave a very soft free kick to Oban for the defender and striker coming together as the Letham player tried to let ball go out of play

I can guarantee that is alot of crap. Not one player in the oban changing room thought it would be an easy game. Talking rubbish.

I can guarantee that is alot of crap. Not one player in the oban changing room thought it would be an easy game. Talking rubbish.

Only saying what was heard from quite a few people, was a good game but Oban got out of jail with the penalty

Broomhouse v hurlford game was a good battle to watch hurlford mayb just edged the 1st 1/2 broomhouse were the bettr team in the 2nd 1/2 withut makng any clear cut chances hurlford defended well strong at the bck don scott had a good save onto the post should b a tasty game when they ply southside in the west cup good to c my old plyr bairdy plyng with broomhouse and skinner helpng to run thm 

Sounds like Broomhouse and Hurlford was a close game, only decided by a penalty, Sometimes experience at this level shows and that might have shaded it for Hurlford, I got told they were extremely lucky to get past Goldenhill in the last round as well.

Oban - another team who are always there or thereabouts every season. It's no fluke with these teams, they know how to grind out the wins.

16 hours ago, xnxx said:

Matter of opinions bud but like ive said in lead up to penalty it was a soft free kick that Oban got the penalty from

Neither side had any dominance in the game, until Letham took the lead and from then on Oban dominated. The free kick from which Oban scored was very soft - ball hitting the guys hand from point blank range, and his hand was against his body too.. never a free kick IMO. But 10 minutes earlier Oban were denied a stonewaller when the Oban forward got passed the defender only to be bodychecked. I suppose some you get and some you don't. However, both incidents happened at the same part of the pitch and I was lucky to be standing right in line with it both times. The referee called it all right from what I could see - except the two penalty calls. (one not given which should've been and one given which was never a pen). 

A draw was 100% the right result on the balance of play and the chances created. Oban better and comfier on the ball, but letham broke with pace and power that oban toiled against at times. However, as someone said earlier, if it wasn't for the Letham goalie they'd be out, as in the last 30 seconds, Oban broke free, found themselves 3 on 1 and with the striker clean through and one on one with the goalie he seen his shot very well saved. 

And I know a few of the Oban boys and was talking to them in the days leading up to the game - I can assure you that they fully expected a tough game from what they told me... It was an enjoyable game, no needle or bad blood from either side. Certainly no disrespect from either team. And having spoken to a couple of the Letham boys after the game there was no mention of this supposed disrespect. 

Oh, I was at the game too, so this isn't a case of 'what I've heard'. 

Also, to end on a positive - the Letham #4 Benn Blyth (I think) was outstanding. Young guy, 21. Really top drawer. Hopefully the selectors get a chance to see him in action because he was a stand out in a good Letham side. 

Fair assessment of the game,can only say what I was told as for selectors I'm sure their sat nav doesn't go past Stirling as there is a few good players in other leagues that should be considered

Having been in the oban changing room i can assure you that nobody thought this was going to be an easy game in fact the very opposite was said.Any team that gets to the last 16 of the scottish have got there on merit and deserve respect . Letham are a good team and we are looking forward to another cracking game. .

Archived