Clyde v Forfar

40 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I agree with this and fully believe the stewards should have intervened. I will pass this on to my mate who is dealing with this segregation issue with the club and in turn take it up with the stewards.

Edited to add : Got a reply already confirming two complaints are being dealt with by the club from Forfar. I would assume one being yours but he is passing this on anyway.

Thanks. I only emailed mine to the club today but understand others had already made complaints prior to leaving the ground. 

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Peters is what 19? Scored vital goal after vital goal for us. Give him a break eh?

^^^this.  15 goals so far from the youngster - only Ross Campbell (21 in 2009/10) and Sanny (19 in 2011/12) have beaten that in the last 10 years or so.  The boy just needs the ball played in the right areas.  No doubt he can finish. (similar to Kerr Hay in that respect)

I agree with this and fully believe the stewards should have intervened. I will pass this on to my mate who is dealing with this segregation issue with the club and in turn take it up with the stewards.

Edited to add : Got a reply already confirming two complaints are being dealt with by the club from Forfar. I would assume one being yours but he is passing this on anyway.

So what is the root of the problem here?

Is it the placement of the away fans or the fact that Clyde have some supporters who are just neds and can't control themselves in a civilised manner when confronted with pensioners and kids who support a different team? Remember the Arbroath spitting incident as well?

Is the answer to move the away fans or to root out out and ban the neds who can't behave?

I think it's both but the latter option would see the club hounded by it's own supporters and they won't have the balls to do it.

Forfar look a bang average team. What a poor league this is for them to be running away with it. Just shows how much Clyde have royally fucked it this season.

8 hours ago, femme fatale said:

Mother of god......

Being the "crying mum who was offended" let me clear something up. I certainly wasn't crying, it would take a lot more than a couple of men calling me names to  do that, I've been called far worse. 

Secondly, I'm born, bred and continue to live in North Lanarkshire so believe me, my kids have heard far more colourful language from me when they don't do what they're told, so sitting listening to it in a stand is nothing. However, what I do object to is my ten year old daughter hysterical crying cause a handful of kid-on hard men (wee boys) are full of the bevy wanting a square go with men old enough to be their granda (sorry, no offence) and grown men around them laughing at said clowns, because they make out like they're coming towards her. It's that type of behaviour that's not needed.

i swear at football matches as much as the next fan (much to many people's offence) but threatening behaviour, particularly around kids isn't needed. Fans who think it's culture need to think on cause u won't get anyone through your door with that rep 

Absolutely spot on. I swear (like a drunken sailor) at the football and my ten year old son is there most games too. He realises that what's said at the football stays at the football but that said, my swearing is always frustration at goal misses by our players, bad challenges on our players or, as it is the SPFL, woeful refereeing decisions. If I ever show aggression or menace towards opposing fans it is only because it has been relentlessly shown to me. For many, having a good shout and swear at the football is a great release valve after a week of dealing with the public at work but like most reasonable individuals I know what is right and reasonable.

The pathetic defence of these Clyde knuckle draggers is almost as bad as the Airdrie fans after their pitch invasion and assault on our goal keeper a couple of years ago.

Think of it as a visiting fan. Clyde is an awful away game, horrible out of town ground with barely any pubs nearby. If you're a Forfar fan who can't get to every game because of work/family or whatever you're more likely to just miss this one and go to the better away days.

Im in Edinburgh and quite happily took a mix of lifts and public transport to Elgin at the New Year and it was a grand day.Broadwood though ??? Nah you're all right I'll keep my money for better away days.

12 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Lot of shite. Berwick, Annan, Montrose, Elgin and Edinburgh are all good days out. I'd imagine Arbroath would be pretty decent for away fans too.

Montrose, that's a cracker.

Need a set of binoculars at Edinburgh city just to watch the game. 

Theres nothing that good about anywhere in this league let's be honest. Cumbernauld included.

Is it the placement of the away fans or the fact that Clyde have some supporters who are just neds and can't control themselves in a civilised manner when confronted with pensioners and kids who support a different team? Remember the Arbroath spitting incident as well?

Is the answer to move the away fans or to root out out and ban the neds who can't behave?

I think it's both but the latter option would see the club hounded by it's own supporters and they won't have the balls to do it.

Forfar look a bang average team. What a poor league this is for them to be running away with it. Just shows how much Clyde have royally fucked it this season.

Ultimately the placement of the away fans to that part of the stand was a mistake. Once the decision was made to reduce the section of the stand used for most matches (all except matches against Stirling) the club should have had plans in place for a new away section in the open area of the stand. In my opinion they could have been moved over just to the right of where away fans were previously. There are plenty of seats going but it was thought this may have lead to more Clyde fans being displaced from their normal seats than at the other end. At the same time, no away fan has to sit there. It's a non segregation policy and can sit where they wish. They are only asked to sit there. The stewards at the Arbroath match herded the away fans direct to that section which they should have known was not wise. After the Arbroath incidents it was suggested they still try and congregate fans in one area which lead to this scenario.

The message is far from clear and is why the club and fans rep are trying to work on a solution. Whatever this is I doubt it will be completely popular.

Good to see Clyde letting under 16s in free with a paying adult , but if Clyde are going to have a segregation policy why not do it properly , going in the same turnstiles , same shop etc and going out the same way , I wouldn't class that as segregation ? If Clyde are employing these stewards their throwing money away , if the stewards were doing their job properly this mess would of been sorted out within minutes , surely the steward who stood at the corner flag and watched the whole game doesn't get paid ?

Montrose, that's a cracker.
Need a set of binoculars at Edinburgh city just to watch the game. 
Theres nothing that good about anywhere in this league let's be honest. Cumbernauld included.

Now that's just not true.

Plenty of cracking away days.

It doesn't matter who Clyde are playing or where it's played, their match forum frequently degenerates into a complaint and name calling with the Clyde support attempting to defend the indefensible.  It happens too often to be coincidence and it's not the support of every other club picking on the self appointed big team in the league.

it's unlikely to happen, but I would enjoy the Clyde support having to endure the play off, although I would want their team to win through at the end.

thought some of it went a bit OTT on Saturday , that however might be because I'm a good bit older now [emoji4]

The Forfar fans sitting next to the away fans were fine , and there wans't one complaint until we took the lead and of course when their goalkeeper got sent off. It's obvious that it isn't the best place to have away fans , rightly or wrongly you are going for to get verbals if the away fans are right next to the most vociferous section of a home support

Let's hope the club can for once take notice of what's going on under their noses maybe I'm mistaken but it looked to me as if one of the directors was sitting about 10 yards away from the away fans the entire second half ?

Easily sorted .personally had a laugh with the Forfar guys who were other side of no man's land and would have had a chat at the end of game the way I did with the Montrose fans on Tuesday but unfortunately was directed out the other end of the stadium

Ps was a reasonably entertaining game especially second half and for the first time in a long while was value for money

Pps some strike for the first Forfar goal

It doesn't matter who Clyde are playing or where it's played, their match forum frequently degenerates into a complaint and name calling with the Clyde support attempting to defend the indefensible.  It happens too often to be coincidence and it's not the support of every other club picking on the self appointed big team in the league.
it's unlikely to happen, but I would enjoy the Clyde support having to endure the play off, although I would want their team to win through at the end.

Where is the complaints from Annan away and Montrose at home ?

There's a lot of stuff written on here I just don't recognise from Saturday.  But put that to one side.  I get it about families with young children, loads of things could upset young kids that wouldnt ordinarily be viewed as anything OTT

The club have made this decision to cut costs, and as there's very few away supporters I can see the logic, I doubt very much there's likely to be trouble.  This is nothing like the old days !

However, for families the solution's simple and happens at other grounds.

Simply make a gate open that takes you into the central area of the stand, and have that clearly marked as "All Families, Home & Visitors".  Or if through a normal gate, have directions inside pointing families to the central area.  They can all sit together, you're never going to get trouble in a family section especially given how few the numbers are.  There's plenty of room and the view for young kids is far better than being stuck away in a corner.  What's difficult about that?

No segregation will always lead to trouble as every second week you will have away fans sitting unknowingly in home supporters regular seats.

Perhaps the way to go is segregation of seating but still using the same turnstiles etc.

I'd suggest away fans close to where they always were but near the front of the stand.

I understand that some Clyde fans may sit there but they are few in number and it minimises disruption.

Changing the seating plans mid season was always going to end in bother.

34 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Changing the seating plans mid season was always going to end in bother.

Absolutely this. I see no reason why they can't rework the whole thing at the start of next season. A clearly defined away zone, a clearly defined "singers" zone, a clearly defined "family" zone etc. If people end up moved out of their seats then so be it; it's the start of the season so they can deal with it.

If people end up moved out of their seats then so be it; it's the start of the season so they can deal with it.

Just don't touch my seat or there will be trouble [emoji36]

I'll give you my seat when you take it from under my cold, dead arse

Exactly

Where the away fans are now, how many used to sit there, about 10 or something?  For the time being I don't see any problem with it and right now they could easily direct families to the central area of the stand - nobody's seriously saying that's full at the moment - and you're probably only talking another 20 - 40 people max.

If Clyde get their act together next season and crowds increase, then just switch the away fans back over to the previous area as the increased numbers will justify the extra steward or two.  The remaining home matches are against Edinburgh, Cowdenbeath, Stirling, Annan, Elgin and Berwick.  With the exception of Stirling, the rest will bring what, 30 - 40 fans ?  Somehow don't see a riot happening anytime soon.....   

Archived