Liam Lindsay, Partick Thistle

It has been said already but the issue is not the fact he plays for Partick, it is the fact that we have the dunce Strachan in charge that is the issue.........That said, the little idiot will just counter anyone in the media with the balls to question him that he called up Scott Fox whilst a Partick Player, Bain at Dundee, McGinn Hibs etc.........I have seen this guy play and he has potential, get him in and see what we can do, what is there to lose?? Rather he got a chance than past it has beens like Greer.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting that Strachan has likely never heard the name Liam Lindsay

You also have Mark McGhee seeing all these players against Motherwell (so should have studied them for tactics), but is too arrogant or cockblocking them getting called up cause they're not a Motherwell player either 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting that Strachan has likely never heard the name Liam Lindsay

This is the problem, he’s too busy making some sarcastic remark while fulfilling one of his media obligations to actually bother to come and watch young Scottish talent.

Couple of years ago when Aberdeen were playing united and both teams were full of young guys who the media was raving about, he was nowhere to be seen. Later in the evening tuned into to see he had been covering some early stage FA cup between a league 2 team and a non-league outfit.

People could argue he could have sent one of his backroom team to watch, but for me he should be taking in the best game to view potential every week.

I can understand him only now being talked about for the full squad by us the paying punters as we watch the matches every week but for him to be snubbed at U21, U19 level is a disgrace. There really is no excuse and it just shows, like the political environment, how disconnected the establishment is from us all. I feel for Liam as not one U21 cap.
No wonder we're a laughing stock.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  Well if Strachan starts the next competitive game with Greer and Berra in central defence then we will know he is officially off the deep end

Not saying Chris Cadden should be called up for the full Squad but he had to kick up a bit of press attention, like Liam has just done, just to get a call for the u21's. and unlike most of the u21's squad he was playing well week in and week out.

I haven't saw enough of Liam to say he should be called up, but as a poster above has said i doubt Strachan even knows who he is.

No need for the dig about McGhee, he has many faults but i am sure neither he, McCall or the guy Strachan has just brought in won't get a say in the squad. It a jobs for his pals to be yes men to him and help their bank balance.

You also have Mark McGhee seeing all these players against Motherwell (so should have studied them for tactics), but is too arrogant or cockblocking them getting called up cause they're not a Motherwell player either 

The Scotland national team have been notoriously full of Motherwell players of course.

On 02/03/2017 at 13:54, cilitbang said:

Apparently its a lack of pace why Lindsay isn't getting picked, hence why people like Greer and Hanley are ahead of him in Strachans thoughts..

If he's slow might as well close down the thread. 

Lindsay has no chance in a cap as long as he stays with us. Strachan has massive disdain for Scottish Football.
Up here he is only interested in motorboating the OF's arse cheeks to the point that some garbage like Danny Wilson would get picked before Lidsay.

2 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Lindsay has no chance in a cap as long as he stays with us. Strachan has massive disdain for Scottish Football.
Up here he is only interested in motorboating the OF's arse cheeks to the point that some garbage like Danny Wilson would get picked before Lidsay.

so you watch him every week? Pace or no?

18 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Up here he is only interested in motorboating the OF's arse cheeks

… and Hibs, to be fair

I haven't seen much of him this season but having watched him on loan at my team Airdrie a couple of seasons back I said at the time he had potential for international honours. He absolutely strolled league 1 a couple of years back and glad to hear he is continuing to improve. Given we don't have much in that department for Scotland I would love to see him called up soon. He might just be behind Charlie Mulgrew at left centre half but he would surely be an improvement to the likes of Berra and Hanley.

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Tbh I know where Strachan is coming from. In FIFA manager career mode I would primarily look for guys with >90 pace as well.

if he has pace he's a millionaire. None and a few hundred a week at Thistle. That's how it works.

Archived