Stephen Daisley

Fide

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I don't see how I'm white knighting Margaret Thatcher, she certainly had her faults and I wasn't a fan personally, but she did win 3 elections, so must have enjoyed some level of support across the country.
I used her passing as an example to highlight the hypocrisy of your statement. I'm pretty sure that you are very much aware of that.

Which country?

On 02/03/2017 at 13:07, Fide said:

Here's what the current darling of the Britnat media has written about Gerald Kaufman, less than a week after his death.

C56XrONWQAAr4Lh.jpg:large

Classless doesn't even begin to cover it.

He's a fat lump of lard. Writing for a paper whose proprietor at the time was a friend of Hitler. Not that they've moved much since then.

23 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Context is everything, which was left out by the Twitter account in question for this:

Here's the context of his vitriol:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/gerald-kaufman-labour-hero-jewish-villain/

‘Just as Lord Ashcroft owns most of the Conservative Party,’ Kaufman alleged at a pro-Palestinian event in 2010; ‘right-wing Jewish millionaires own the rest’. In a 2011 debate, he greeted an intervention from Labour MP Louise Elmann with the exclamation: ‘Here we are, the Jews again!’ In a 2014 contribution in Westminster Hall, he explained: ‘You cannot appeal to the Israelis’ better nature, because they do not have one.’ 

Reflecting on the growth of pro-Israel feeling within the Tory Party, he told pro-Palestinian activists in 2015: ‘It’s Jewish money, Jewish donations to the Conservative Party – as in the general election in May – support from the Jewish Chronicle, all of those things, bias the Conservatives.’ At the same meeting, he claimed Israel manufactured hoax terrorist attacks to provide a pretext for killing Palestinians. 

The language was Stormfront and the paranoia straight from the Guardian’s comment threads. And yet these prejudices, with all their grisly precedents, were voiced by a Labour MP, one whose grandmother died at the hands of the Nazis...

I don't like Daisley but he's spot on in calling out Kaufman for coming out with the sort of crap you'd have expected from Colin Jordan, John Tyndall, etc. than any British MP. Even Galloway never came out with this sort of vicious rubbish in public when he was pandering to British Muslims' worst instincts to get himself back in the Westminster gravy train.

You've missed the point that Daisley isn't Jewish. FFS. Get a grip of yourself.

Do you really need this explained to you.

Jeezo.

You have a good knowledge of the British Nazi scene though.

22 to labours 44.

Yes that's true, my point is that the Tories commanded almost third of the Scottish vote on Maggie's rise to power, she wasn't completely without support, which is the picture most people like to paint across Scotland.
As the article (link above) suggests she continued to pretty much maintain that level of support in 83 & 87. Even after the hugely unpopular introduction of the Poll Tax.

Yes that's true, my point is that the Tories commanded almost third of the Scottish vote on Maggie's rise to power, she wasn't completely without support, which is the picture most people like to paint across Scotland.
As the article (link above) suggests she continued to pretty much maintain that level of support in 83 & 87. Even after the hugely unpopular introduction of the Poll Tax.

So Maggie maintained a "staunch" backing for nearly 8 years then they all died. Do you see a pattern in your choice of politics and or football?

So Maggie maintained a "staunch" backing for nearly 8 years then they all died. Do you see a pattern in your choice of politics and or football?

Yawn!! Zzzzzzz, aye well done, I don't know how you think them up sometimes.

She had a level of support in Scotland that helped secure her first majority. It's just not true that she was hated right across the country.
Fide can say that it was callous and classless to make negative comments about Gerald Kaufman so soon after his death but the same doesn't apply to another politician, it doesn't balance no matter how much he or anyone else disagreed with her record in leadership.

I said previously I wasn't a fan of Margaret Thatcher but the hypocrisy is glaringly obvious.

11 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I used her passing as an example to highlight the hypocrisy of your statement. I'm pretty sure that you are very much aware of that.

5 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I said previously I wasn't a fan of Margaret Thatcher but the hypocrisy is glaringly obvious.

It's not even remotely hypocritical.  Kaufman and Thatcher aren't even remotely comparable.  The negative effects of some of Thatcher's policies can still be felt today.  Not enough council houses, industries destroyed leading to low employment in the North East of England for example, to name but two.

Thatcher was despised by a huge swathe of Scottish voters because of the carnage her policies wreaked across our industry and people. Using Scotland as a testing ground for the Poll Tax was the final straw. Her death therefore was quite rightly celebrated by many people.

Please tell us of any remotely comparable policies enacted by Kaufman, then you'll maybe have a semblance of a point.

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

That wasn't your point. Your point was that she "won three elections, so must have enjoyed some level of support across the country". Even without a single Scottish seat, she'd have governed Scotland. If you're still struggling, it's very similar to Theresa May's "mandate" - she gets to rule Scotland without the need for "support across the country", because all she needs is support across England.

Yawn!! Zzzzzzz, aye well done, I don't know how you think them up sometimes.

She had a level of support in Scotland that helped secure her first majority. It's just not true that she was hated right across the country.
Fide can say that it was callous and classless to make negative comments about Gerald Kaufman so soon after his death but the same doesn't apply to another politician, it doesn't balance no matter how much he or anyone else disagreed with her record in leadership.

She managed to half that 22 down to 10 in 1987.
In any other persons book that would be seen as a damning indictment of their policies.
I was interested to read in your link the phrase 'a large minority' I wonder where else you find one of those in Scotland?

That wasn't your point. Your point was that she "won three elections, so must have enjoyed some level of support across the country". Even without a single Scottish seat, she'd have governed Scotland. If you're still struggling, it's very similar to Theresa May's "mandate" - she gets to rule Scotland without the need for "support across the country", because all she needs is support across England.

You questioned whether she had any support in Scotland? She clearly did, certainly in 1979 which secured her position as PM for the next 11 years and Britain's longest serving Prime Minister of the 20th Century, (agree with her policies or not). It isn't me that's struggling pal.

4 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You questioned whether she had any support in Scotland? She clearly did, certainly in 1979 which secured her position as PM for the next 11 years and Britain's longest serving Prime Minister of the 20th Century, (agree with her policies or not). It isn't me that's struggling pal.

TBF Rob's words were something like "enjoyed some level of support", the word "some" can mean anything from very little to quite a lot.

I do disagree with the hypocrisy element though. Kaufman and Thatcher are not even remotely comparable in terms of what they did as politicians. Literally nothing Kaufman did politically impacted Scotland, whereas Thatcher oversaw the decimation of industry, used us as a testing ground for the hated Poll Tax and was generally a fucking dreadful human being. This is why her death was actively celebrated by many, whereas as I'd imagine almost everyone's reaction to Kaufman dying ranged from "Who?" to "meh".