Stephen Daisley

Fide

6 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

In the context of the story and the (absolutely correct) point he was making I wouldn't personally see it as anti-Semitic but I can see your point. He's certainly got a needlessly crass way of putting it and truthfully I think he should refrain from saying it in such words though as he is implying that is what the anti-zionists would consider him as it mitigates it somewhat.

It wasn't exactly courageous of him to say nothing about this until Kaufman died, and then jump on it, in my mind twisting it all out of context. And probably the libel courts if he was still alive. Stephen Daisley is a revoltingly obese coward, fair comment is my defence. 

Edited by welshbairn

He's certainly gone up in the world since writing shite hatchet jobs for the News of the Screws about upstanding 'Well fans singing perfectly innocent ditties :)

Given that Daisley spent the indyref writing (IMO) quite funny (and quite balanced) stuff on the STV blog and then suddenly morphed into a tragic unionist caricature when the opportunity presented itself - I've never been able to escape the impression that he's the type of "person" who could change the football team he supported. And then support the new team with the embarrassing messianic zeal of the convert. A journalistic Pat Nevin in fact. Except that Pat never needed to have his pants custom-made at a mail-order shop called "Chunky Fellas". 

I enjoy reading opinions that I don't agree with, especially on politics stuff - but Daisley is one of the few that I can't stand. You can't escape the conclusion that under all the effected snideyness, that he's merely aping the opinions of the better unionist/right hacks and has little of his own to say. 

• 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Has anyone nailed down what happened to him? Like I remember him being a reasonably witty writer who made playful fun of everyone until 2014 then just... became what we see now?

He's probably in someone's little black book somewhere.