Looking forward to this away day again, was a pleasant experience for myself in August. It's nice to think that we're both from lovely, cultural areas of historical importance. Unlike Cowdenbeath of course who aren't, they come from a shitehole. Looking at recent form you'd argue Berwick are perhaps the slight favourites, although both teams are doing reasonably well this year. Unlike Cowdenbeath who have 0 points in 2017. Team news now and whilst I don't want to give any clues away to Gary who'll undoubtedly be reading this, I would imagine both teams will be starting the game with their first choice right backs. Unlike Cowdenbeath who sacked theirs. Can only imagine a nice friendly meeting between two teams on the up at the moment. Unlike Cowdenbeath who are slumping into nothingness. Anyway, it'll be nice to have some sensible discussion with Edinburgh fans on here before and after the game. Unlike Cowdenbeath who just call me names. 

Edinburgh 0-4 Berwick.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

Looking forward to this away day again, was a pleasant experience for myself in August. It's nice to think that we're both from lovely, cultural areas of historical importance. Unlike Cowdenbeath of course who aren't, they come from a shitehole. Looking at recent form you'd argue Berwick are perhaps the slight favourites, although both teams are doing reasonably well this year. Unlike Cowdenbeath who have 0 points in 2017. Team news now and whilst I don't want to give any clues away to Gary who'll undoubtedly be reading this, I would imagine both teams will be starting the game with their first choice right backs. Unlike Cowdenbeath who sacked theirs. Can only imagine a nice friendly meeting between two teams on the up at the moment. Unlike Cowdenbeath who are slumping into nothingness. Anyway, it'll be nice to have some sensible discussion with Edinburgh fans on here before and after the game. Unlike Cowdenbeath who just call me names. 

Edinburgh 0-4 Berwick.

I think there may possibly be a hidden message from Yellow Feet here but I can't quite see it...  :rolleyes:

Edinburgh City 1 Berwick 0- a 89th screamer from sub Deeks who'll then get sent off for making a gesture to Berwick fans who will have been engaging in healthy banter with him... ;)

Surprised Yellow Feet is not informing us of the Berwick team and any injury worries tbh. I'm presuming you would be more than happy for EC to take all three points to really up the pressure on Cowdenbeath.

Looking forward to this game for a number of reasons with both teams confident on winning.

Painful to read the opening post (even as a Berwick supporter), but since the match is coming up we might as well use the thread. Berwick to win and Lavery to score.

Edinburgh City have taken 5 points from their last five matches, catapulting them into 8th on equal points with 9th place Clyde (-10 goals compared to City's -9) and safely away from Cowden for the time being.

Berwick scrounged up 7 points in the same timeframe, with Forfar and Annan being obliterated by the mean lean Coughlin team. An unlucky draw to the Binos and undeserved defeat to Elgin have seen the Bino's pass us last weekend.

With Edinburgh City donning their sashed home strips at Meadowbank, expect the Borderers to run out in their light blue away strip.

58b8204a10b1b_edinburgh-city-2016-17-1st1.gif.cc03842b860a7846ec20de1dcebc4d40.gif58b8209185235_37532598871.jpg.7a14f158fa18ef29d860031d4672f826.jpg58b820c2931ff_berwick_rangers_2016-2017-2nd1.gif.11eeba9da6ac143cbd0bd995d3821db1.gif

18 minutes ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

I'm presuming you would be more than happy for EC to take all three points to really up the pressure on Cowdenbeath.

I've arranged a draw and will be joining Stirling at Central Park to ensure an away win. Can't do anything about Clyde though, they better sort themselves out.

Painful to read the opening post (even as a Berwick supporter), but since the match is coming up we might as well use the thread. Berwick to win and Lavery to score.

Edinburgh City have taken 5 points from their last five matches, catapulting them into 8th on equal points with 9th place Clyde (-10 goals compared to City's -9) and safely away from Cowden for the time being.
Berwick scrounged up 7 points in the same timeframe, with Forfar and Annan being obliterated by the mean lean Coughlin team. An unlucky draw to the Binos and undeserved defeat to Elgin have seen the Bino's pass us last weekend.
With Edinburgh City donning their sashed home strips at Meadowbank, expect the Borderers to run out in their light blue away strip.
58b8204a10b1b_edinburgh-city-2016-17-1st1.gif.cc03842b860a7846ec20de1dcebc4d40.gif58b8209185235_37532598871.jpg.7a14f158fa18ef29d860031d4672f826.jpg58b820c2931ff_berwick_rangers_2016-2017-2nd1.gif.11eeba9da6ac143cbd0bd995d3821db1.gif

1) are you a secret cowden fan?
2) that's not light blue

6 hours ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

1) are you a secret cowden fan?
2) that's not light blue

Not my graphic, but you'll agree that the actual kit is light blue.

As a foreign fan who only came into Berwick via Football Manager a couple of years ago, I simply do not have the antipathy the rest has towards Cowden. Suppose that comes with the territory, not picking up on some of the things that being a local supporter would bestow on you.

9 hours ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

Surprised Yellow Feet is not informing us of the Berwick team and any injury worries tbh. I'm presuming you would be more than happy for EC to take all three points to really up the pressure on Cowdenbeath.

Looking forward to this game for a number of reasons with both teams confident on winning.

Heavy rain forecast all day Saturday. Does your pitch usually handle that OK?

Went to a Lowland game last season at Meadowbank and it was absolutely pishing down, but the game was still on to my amazement.

As for Cowden, although three successive relegations would be quite funny, it would be a bit of a gutter to see them disappear. I can't imagine a trip to East Kilbride being up to much. A few years ago this league was full of teams we had no 'rivalry' with and very few away fans. It was pretty shit.

2 hours ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

Can't see Ayr bringing that many over tbh

Think Ayr are expected to bring about 1000 fans through for the game, looking at a crowd of 14000 at ER tomorrow.

So, same team as Tuesday for City, hopefully not as scrappy as it was over in Beath the other night.

For Mr Blobby, sorry if I seemed a bit nippy when you were trying to get in to your van after the game on Tuesday.   :thumsup2

6 hours ago, Lordy said:

So, same team as Tuesday for City, hopefully not as scrappy as it was over in Beath the other night.

For Mr Blobby, sorry if I seemed a bit nippy when you were trying to get in to your van after the game on Tuesday.   :thumsup2

It seems I've been upsetting a few people on here lately. No problem. All will be revealed in Issue 20 of the City Fanzine when I do the yearly review. Long way to go yet. :thumsup2

Archived