Broadchurch Returns

throbber

10 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Id happily watch miller n hardy n never see another of the other characters again. Those two are absolute tv gold.

Coleman and Tennant are top telly actors who would grace any script.  As a production, though, this series was good but would've been better as a 6-part-er with tighter editing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coleman and Tennant are top telly actors who would grace any script.  As a production, though, this series was good but would've been better as a 6-part-er with tighter editing.

Agreed. I'm also kinda thinking I felt a bit of anti climax with end cos the interviews were a bit easy. This is probably cos line of duty is on and mercurio writes interview scenes incredibly well. Ideally Tennant n Adrian Dunbar should team up !!

4 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Agreed. I'm also kinda thinking I felt a bit of anti climax with end cos the interviews were a bit easy. This is probably cos line of duty is on and mercurio writes interview scenes incredibly well. Ideally Tennant n Adrian Dunbar should team up !!

I mentioned this on the other thread...but the LoD interview scene last night was terrific.  The best 'table turning' I've seen for ages.

I also thought the final few minutes of Broadkirk were a touch 'Little House on the Prairie'.

I mentioned this on the other thread...but the LoD interview scene last night was terrific.  The best 'table turning' I've seen for ages.
I also thought the final few minutes of Broadkirk were a touch 'Little House on the Prairie'.

Yeah the church bit was totally out of kilter.

Who the f**k is able to get a boner when being forced to rape Hayley Cropper?

Would agree that the scenes and dialogue between Hardy and Miller were far and away the best part of the series. I thought their very last scene was going to end in an awkward hug or something but how their scene ended was much more fitting.

Think the Latimer storyline reached a natural end but thought they'd do more with tracking down Miller's husband.

Lots of red herrings which you expect but thought including the creep with the previous convictions wasn't needed as it went nowhere and there was no connection.

I get that the boy who did the previous rapes showed no remorse as he saw it as just sex and even said he was proud of it but I still think he was far too calm. When he got caught for the spyware on the laptop he was shiting himself at the prospect of being caught and his dad finding out, but now he's been caught for major crimes he's not bothered?

I realise the above is a bit negative but I did really enjoy the series and think that me picking at it shows it's a series you actually think about. I do have more things I've thought about that don't add up but realise I'm rambling!

It's not as good as the first series (although that's a tough ask for any drama) but it was much better than the 2nd series and was a great end to the programme.

13 hours ago, dogmc said:

What makes you think that, sonny?

• 10 months later...

Archived