Mark McGhee sacked

Just now, harry94 said:

I was thinking that the announcement that Stephen Robinson was back there might have led to this since he seems highly regarded by the club. Was that a board decision or McGhee?

The guy that failed miserably at Oldham? Get him appointed. Thank you.

I would like to say I'm sad about this, but I'm not.

To give McGhee his due, he had us playing some great football in his first spell in charge and took us back into Europe but unfortunately the manner of his departure left suck a sour taste for many Well fans that he was always up against it when he returned.

When he returned he done his job, he kept us up last season but this season has been disater after disaster. The two recent pumpings from Abredeen and Dundee were bad enough but for me, it's his attitude and lack of humility which has seen him sacked as much as the gutless displays becasue fro me, the players must shoulder the responsibility for the poor performances.

I do worry who we'll replace him with.

Just now, deky said:

To give McGhee his due, he had us playing some great football in his first spell in charge and took us back into Europe but unfortunately the manner of his departure left suck a sour taste for many Well fans that he was always up against it when he returned.

When he returned he done his job, he kept us up last season but this season has been disater after disaster. The two recent pumpings from Abredeen and Dundee were bad enough but for me, it's his attitude and lack of humility which has seen him sacked as much as the gutless displays becasue fro me, the players must shoulder the responsibility for the poor performances.

Good post, is this Robinson character an option in the eyes of the board? 

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I was thinking that the announcement that Stephen Robinson was back there might have led to this since he seems highly regarded by the club. Was that a board decision or McGhee?

Statement here: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/02/28/club-statement-mark-mcghee/

It seems it was a board decision rather than McGhee. There seemed to be chat that results notwithstanding they weren't happy with his behaviour and were expecting something like a 6 game suspension after the Pittodrie incident so in effect he'd not be available in the dugout for almost half the games of the run in. He's also more than likely have fucked off with Scotland during the international break as well.

Robinson's definitely well thought of at the club but I think he was brought in with an eye on helping cover in McGhee's absence had he stuck around rather than it leading to McGhee getting emptied. The utter shambles on Saturday really just made his position untenable given everything else that's gone on.

1 minute ago, deky said:

One of my closest mates is a Motherwell fan and the texts that he was sending me at halftime the other day were the most angry I've ever heard him about a Motherwell team/manager.  And he was one of the folk happy at his return.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Statement here: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/02/28/club-statement-mark-mcghee/

It seems it was a board decision rather than McGhee. There seemed to be chat that results notwithstanding they weren't happy with his behaviour and were expecting something like a 6 game suspension after the Pittodrie incident so in effect he'd not be available in the dugout for almost half the games of the run in. He's also more than likely have fucked off with Scotland during the international break as well.

Robinson's definitely well thought of at the club but I think he was brought in with an eye on helping cover in McGhee's absence had he stuck around rather than it leading to McGhee getting emptied. The utter shambles on Saturday really just made his position untenable given everything else that's gone on.

When a board goes behind a manager and appoints someone to work with him, it's all going to end soon even if not intended. It's a massive loss of trust.