Saints and wigtown

Cmon info and prodigy assuming that you are full member clubs you all had the chance to air your views to the sfa at the agm but no you take the coin, the membership and the licence then you don't want to play ball, so although I have sympathy,but not a lot,you can't have your cake and eat it so suck it up

I think the problem here is that you have no idea who attends the AGM for the respective clubs... Some are too big pussies to do it...

Another thing, you have to do a lot of work to get something brought up at the AGM! It's not really as easy as saying, "Awh I don't like how you do this so let's change it" in the middle of the meeting! The fact you don't know this shows you've never been to an SFA AGM and you'll probably never have been involved with a club yet!

How about you get involved with a club and attend an AGM before you start criticising, yeah?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct Prodigy. One minute BS is saying the South League does not count and the next he thinks the South Member clubs (4 in all!) have the ability to influence the SFA.

Come in to the real world BS and see what you can do.

Correct Prodigy. One minute BS is saying the South League does not count and the next he thinks the South Member clubs (4 in all!) have the ability to influence the SFA.
Come in to the real world BS and see what you can do.

It's rare that you and me agree but it's hilarious how much of an idiot this guy is!

Find it really funny how much shit he talks with his name being BS

Let's be honest here though... The SFA will do sweet f all if all of the south teams propose it cause it's hardly going to commercially affect them too much

Listen hear prodigy You're club is trying to do exactly that change the rules mid stream you knew what would happen if you won the south league and were licenced now you don't like the idea so you are trying to change the rules and I don't think it is just me who is talking shit 

• 2 weeks later...
Has the Wigtown bubble burst prodigy

As people have said before Wigtown have not got the finance to win the league and move into the Lowland League so I think they are taking the foot of the gas. Would've won the League easy but might not take the chance now.
Would be interesting if they lost their games and St Cuthberts then went on and won the League. Are they licensed or will they make a new excuse about their license that would stop them going up again?

If what you are saying is true and Wigtown were to take their foot of the gas that wouldn't have had any impact on yesterday's game as they will still want to do well in the cups going by the score saints must have been the better team yesterday.

If what you are saying is true and Wigtown were to take their foot of the gas that wouldn't have had any impact on yesterday's game as they will still want to do well in the cups going by the score saints must have been the better team yesterday.

It was more like Wigtown reserves yesterday. I watched game. They were missing a lot of first team regulars

Very short yesterday! 11 players (one a debutant) but one of those things! You'll never have your best team available for every single game! Saints took their chances in the game, deserved the win! Well done to them and all the best in the next round.

As to the idiots talking about taking the foot off the gas, it's not going to happen! That's not the way we are! The title is our aim and that's what we are going for!

Also, with yesterday being a cup game, its strange why Wigtown would take the foot off the gas at that point.

And yes! Saints are now a licensed club and they would, in theory, have to go up, if they won the league! Same situation for Edusport

45 minutes ago, theProdigy said:

As to the idiots talking about taking the foot off the gas, it's not going to happen! That's not the way we are! The title is our aim and that's what we are going for!

And yes! Saints are now a licensed club and they would, in theory, have to go up, if they won the league! Same situation for Edusport

Can I ask if you do win the league like you're aiming for what your plans are if you refuse to enter  the LL? 

What are the potential penalties for your club? Has it even been discussed? 

I get how every club moving forward needs a license but what is odd is you've spent a lot of money to update your ground,yet could end up being punished for it?

Can I ask if you do win the league like you're aiming for what your plans are if you refuse to enter  the LL? 
What are the potential penalties for your club? Has it even been discussed? 
I get how every club moving forward needs a license but what is odd is you've spent a lot of money to update your ground,yet could end up being punished for it?

It hasn't really been discussed yet... We haven't won any league yet so currently there is no need to discuss it! If/when we win the title, we will start to look into it and decide what our plan is from there, but until we do (or don't) we won't be looking into anything as we will be focusing on this season.

There's a lot of speculation of what could happen and everyone you talk to has a different belief on it, but there is no precedence so really there is no known penalties. The specific Leagues (LL and SoSFL) don't even know if they would be having to open disciplinary proceedings or not, think that shows how up in the air all this is about.

2 hours ago, theProdigy said:

It hasn't really been discussed yet... We haven't won any league yet so currently there is no need to discuss it! If/when we win the title, we will start to look into it and decide what our plan is from there, but until we do (or don't) we won't be looking into anything as we will be focusing on this season.

There's a lot of speculation of what could happen and everyone you talk to has a different belief on it, but there is no precedence so really there is no known penalties. The specific Leagues (LL and SoSFL) don't even know if they would be having to open disciplinary proceedings or not, think that shows how up in the air all this is about.

Thanks for that. 

Must admit that I'm a bit surprised that despite spending a small fortune for a license and having a decent side up there challenging in the sosfl nothing has been discussed. 

Good luck for the rest of your season. 

Very short yesterday! 11 players (one a debutant) but one of those things! You'll never have your best team available for every single game! Saints took their chances in the game, deserved the win! Well done to them and all the best in the next round.

Also, with yesterday being a cup game, its strange why Wigtown would take the foot off the gas at that point.

Who was the debutant

We asked for game to be switched as saves a build up off midweek games , were missing a few who were injured and had other commitments but its part and parcel of football boys dont get paid so if have wkend away on theyl go,as for lieing down in games so dont win league (utter nonesense)

18 hours ago, theProdigy said:

For the benefit of anyone who did not get it my remark about "foot off the gas" was an attempt (poor?) at humour.

Does,nt work so well when you have to explain it!

On 3/4/2017 at 13:23, calmac25 said:

Promotion should really be to the west juniors and then on from there. Does anyone in the south west think that would be manageable distance wise?

On 3/4/2017 at 18:55, theProdigy said:

West Juniors would probably be more manageable from Creetown, Newton & Wigtown than the Lowland would be... The Ayrshire District League would be the best option in that situation!

Not certain if the West Juniors (or the Ayrshire District League) would be keen on the idea though...

On 3/4/2017 at 20:26, weeredbook said:

Ayrshire District League is a step up from the South

With the West Juniors quite likely reconstructing to 4 region-wide divisions after next season, any SoSL teams jumping ship in that direction had better be prepared for travel to Greenock and Dunipace!!

Archived