Teams Moving League/New Teams

Brydo83

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

There's no chance an established club like them will fold on the back of losing a player ffs :D

They'll likely do ok in Central First Division. Not sure if they'll challenge for promotion, depends what league they end up in but they won't be cannon fodder in a first division when they are coming from Caley Premier League 

Don't think the will be cannon fodder , dont see them challenging for promotion either though. Granted only seen them a couple of times but they were mediocre at best in they performances. A club like that will never fold losing 1 player spot on with that.

12 hours ago, Disco30 said:

Southside already have a cracking keeper as well will be hard to keep them happy.

He's off to the Juniors. 

Which might go to suggest if money does talk he wasn't getting at Southside... 

1 hour ago, Gunner said:

He's off to the Juniors. 

Which might go to suggest if money does talk he wasn't getting at Southside... 

What junior side is he joining ? Should still be playing senior imo.

My post about Gartcosh possibly wasn't as clear as it should be. I'm not suggesting that losing their keeper will see them fold. They are brutal and just a gang. They won't compete as a football team in the CSAFL, they'll be involved in battles every other week and it will be their demise.

A real shame because they are a decent Club with a good committee but they've made a big mistake with their coaching appointments and by bowing to their demand of a move to the CSAFL.

2 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

My post about Gartcosh possibly wasn't as clear as it should be. I'm not suggesting that losing their keeper will see them fold. They are brutal and just a gang. They won't compete as a football team in the CSAFL, they'll be involved in battles every other week and it will be their demise.

A real shame because they are a decent Club with a good committee but they've made a big mistake with their coaching appointments and by bowing to their demand of a move to the CSAFL.

Who's the new manager? 

Don't understand your assertion that moving to The Central will be their demise. The Caley Premier is stronger than the Central 1st Division especially with Southside moving out of it.

4 hours ago, NewBallsPlease said:

Bowing to what demand?  Is it not just simple Gartcosh wanted a new challenge! Something to freshen things up. 

30 minutes ago, DavieGee16 said:

Looks like loads of leagues are getting smaller and some of them probably coming to an end. Amateur football clearly ain't what it used to be. Why do we think this is?

Simple supply and demand. Not enough people playing these days for the amount of teams we have.

Far too many clubs for a region so small.

Looks like loads of leagues are getting smaller and some of them probably coming to an end. Amateur football clearly ain't what it used to be. Why do we think this is?

Players just aren't as keen as they use to be, the younger generation would rather get pished all weekend than play, the slightly older ones have families plus work commitments plus the fact it's corrupt as f**k, teams can deny it all they like but more and more paying players now than ever

Players just aren't as keen as they use to be, the younger generation would rather get pished all weekend than play, the slightly older ones have families plus work commitments plus the fact it's corrupt as f**k, teams can deny it all they like but more and more paying players now than ever

I have heard these rumours time and time again about players getting paid which I understand why some would come to that conclusion.

However why would any team allegedly pay players and what would they gain out of it and who has this so called endless pot of money just to give to guys for playing amateur football.

I actually just don't see it happening. Senior clubs are struggling to generate any source of income to pay players a wage never mind amateur teams. I don't think it happens.

It is becoming to common now for teams to fold. Will be a ton of reasons for it. From personal experience it was solely down to work commitments that I had to give up at 25. Regret doing it now and wish I had found way to carry on.

Archived