Sevco v St Johnstone 1/3/17

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'll be happy if we just safely make top 6 come the split

Yup, TW is dreaming when he talks about 3rd, we're closer to 8th in terms of results and points.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

What a load of shite. This is what starts to happen when you're only signing in winter is a defender.

Lets be realistic, hes someone whos never played a senior game for anyone and will never play for us, it was barely a signing.

Wotherspoon loves his big games, why not start him?

Great goals, good team effort in second half, the best team won IMHO. Why do we never see a sniff of that 'good team' at home.

A 3 point job application? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39105511.

"I look at Rangers and they have a lot of gifted footballers and they have a lot of possession of the ball and the one criticism would be that they don't turn that possession into enough goals," Wright suggests. 

"They're still a good side that can hurt teams, particularly at home, because they have so much of the ball. I'm almost waiting for them to turn a team over, but it hasn't happened. 

"I got on really well with Mark [Warburton], but it always looked like there was something just not right. Whatever that is, only Mark could tell you. 

"I felt there was too many stories linking him with other clubs. Either somebody was being mischievous or it was genuine, but he probably had to answer too many questions about his future for too long. I was surprised when he went, though."

Embarrassing result for Rangers, they should've pumped us. We need a manager who isn't shit scared of actually attacking teams, its been a problem at home all season, and at 2-2 against ten men you simply can't just camp around your own box and allow them possession.

Randoom summed it up perfectly for me.
We stood off them all game and should never have been in the game to throw it away.
Far too much respect given. Don't Saints realise this team spent four years in the lower leagues? So frustrating.

Usually when Saints get what they deserve, it's easy enough to suck it up, even if the goal comes late. Maybe off the back of Saturday though, that one was a sickener. To throw it away after getting back into the game is so poor, despite the faults in the performance.

Slightly better performance tonight, in most games this season we've looked incapable of scoring any more than one goal and even two goals wasn't enough to see out the game tonight because of our shite defense. Regardless of whether it was a red card or not it was clear that the second goal for St Johnstone was coming after the first one came. I didn't actually see the tackle so I can't make a judgement on it. However, three points is the main thing in order to keep our title hopes alive this season.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Thought I'd pop in to see if there was anything happening.  Is there?

Kiernan being a twat, the fermers getting their hopes up and a winning sevgoal.

Thought Rangers just about deserved the win based on out attacking performance. However, St. Johnston took their goals well and I couldn't really have complained if it finished 2-2 as our defence is a total basket case. In the last 15 minutes you could see the nerves sweep through the rangers team and I was honestly fearing the worst. Good 3 points in the end.

Archived