One For The Watching

ICTChris

8 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

So you've heard the old story about the Chinese restaurant in Tilly emoji240.pngemoji240.pngemoji240.png

:lol: Actually, I hadn't. I just picked Tilly because it was the most desolate place with which I'm familiar in BFTD's 'hood. I have an auntie who lives there (referenced in the "My family and I in 2017." thread. She's 95 years old but I doubt she's ever eaten Chinese food in her life.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, sjc said:

What was pretentious about it? 

Pretentious is maybe the wrong word, but a phrase such as "here in Asia" I find a bit excessive, especialy since half of Asia won't have a clue what kimchi is!

Just now, German Jag said:

Pretentious is maybe the wrong word, but a phrase such as "here in Asia" I find a bit excessive, especialy since half of Asia won't have a clue what kimchi is!

Fair enough. I should have said "Japan" as pickling is pretty much the same in China, Korea & Japan.

Fair enough. I should have said "Japan" as pickling is pretty much the same in China, Korea & Japan.

Better to be a little more specific in future, considering Asia incorporates almost a third of the worlds land mass.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Better to be a little more specific in future, considering Asia incorporates almost a third of the worlds land mass.

Apologies, I'll try not to be so pretentious in future ;)

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

People who post on, and spend inordinate amounts of time on LinkedIn when they're neither a recruiter, or looking for a job, are definitely ones for the watching.

An ex-colleague used to get Linkedin confused with Facebook, and post pictures of her cat eating its breakfast and other such nonsense. Not so much One for the Watching, as One for the Binning.

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

People who post on, and spend inordinate amounts of time on LinkedIn when they're neither a recruiter, or looking for a job, are definitely ones for the watching.

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

An ex-colleague used to get Linkedin confused with Facebook, and post pictures of her cat eating its breakfast and other such drudgery. Not so much One for the Watching, as One for the Binning.

I have just checked and have 969 LinkedIn connections - 959 more than on Facebook...

Archived