Elgin City vs Arbroath

Really enjoyable 0-0. Fantastic effort from all in maroon, with 11 men and 10.

Hamilton was excellent and Ricky Little was different class.

2 brilliant blocks in the second half, especially the one by Sukar, who played well. Couldn't see who blocked the second one as there were three Arbroath defenders threw themselves in the way.

McCord is getting better and better and Linn is at the top of his game. Impressed with Hodge and Gomez had a solid game too. Big fan of Mark Whatley too, doesn't do the more noticeable stuff but links it all together by keeping it simple. Stevie D is a machine and Scott did his bit. The only player who struggled a bit was Malin, but he was forced to play out of his normal position at Right Back so can be excused. Kadar looked dangerous after he came on and Smyth looks solid. Ferns never really got much of a chance to get involved.

Controversially I thought the ref and Lino were okay. I was in line with the Lino and he got pretty much everything right, the only one they both missed was the defender touching the square ball out for a corner. The sending off, a wee bit harsh in the conditions but could see why the decisions were made.

Couldn't see their penalty claim clear enough to comment but my heart was in my mouth.

All in all, unlucky not to win, lucky not to lose, a good game and a fair result, but if we keep that form up we have a good chance of success this season.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Sutherland is out then its a def win, they have a flaky defense and 2 junior players, one a winger and one who is supposed to be a striker with 90% effort and 10% skill.Last time I saw them the right winger was out run by the linesman and the left back plays like a schoolboy  3-1 Arbroath

You still smoking the kipper, did the so called striker not score against your slippery so called defenders
#BW

Ok well I think am right in saying Jeanfield won the league last term so he must know where the goal is

#BW

Nothing against the player or Jeanfield in just saying I'm surprised he's done as well as he has for Elgin. Big step up.

Commentary from Christison haha!

After watching back I'm really not sure about Hammy, wasn't a penalty anyway would've just been a red card and FK.

Little doesn't even touch him the guy goes over because of Hodges tackle. [emoji85]

Poor from the Elgin players after that by the way. Got him sent off.

Great highlights once again.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nothing against the player or Jeanfield in just saying I'm surprised he's done as well as he has for Elgin. Big step up.

As I said he hasn't done that well and it shows when Sutherland is missing,Dodd's hasn't done much either, I haven't seen much of them I am just trying to dent Elgins ego

Given that Ricky Little was given a straight red, we should be appealing that. Appalling decision in a day full of them.

Couldn't make the game but looking at the highlights it was Northcroft at his usual. Gets both sets of fans and managers incensed at his decisions. When he's in charge we usually get f××× all so to get a point is a bonus. No ground lost in the league but the games are running out. C'mon lichties.

McCord is different class at this level, be very lucky if we keep him next year, 

Hard to see the penalty clear but it certainly isn't as blatant as last 3 we should of had at gayfield, god knows why little was shown a straight red, embarrassing when players of any team including arbroath surround a referee, 

No points gained or lost so onto next week we go,

McCord is different class at this level, be very lucky if we keep him next year, 
Hard to see the penalty clear but it certainly isn't as blatant as last 3 we should of had at gayfield, god knows why little was shown a straight red, embarrassing when players of any team including arbroath surround a referee, 
No points gained or lost so onto next week we go,

I don't think we'll have much trouble keeping McCord. At uni so won't go back full time, local and will be on a decent wage.

I don't think we'll have much trouble keeping McCord. At uni so won't go back full time, local and will be on a decent wage.

This. He's a future AFC legend. He'll be pulling the strings Sheerin/Pirlo'esque at 38 and Bobby will be driving him about and in the crowd with the Ultras.

Archived