Gormley to Rangers

Talbot Bing

Pretty sure Kilsyth have an absolute Stirling reject banging them in for you :lol:

Pay £13 and sometimes its worth it sometimes it isnt. The standard of junior football is absolutely honking.

Don't tell me Stirling have never had top team rejects playing for them and playing well?

Still see the Juniors as a "backwards standard of football" compared to the East of Scotland League, the Lowland feeder losing sides to the East Juniors Jake?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would the Junior fans saying £13 is too much boycott the game if they were asked to pay it for a Senior Scottish tie? Of course not.

An individual game would maybe be fine (was £12 at Dumbarton v Bonnyrigg) - a different argument TBH Shanner, and how many junior sides will realistically be in that place anytime soon?

41 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Would the Junior fans saying £13 is too much boycott the game if they were asked to pay it for a Senior Scottish tie? Of course not.

Depends who you are playing. BSC Glasgow decided to charge £10 when they drew Talbot in the senior scottish and while I wouldn't call it an official boycott I didn't go.

14 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

An individual game would maybe be fine (was £12 at Dumbarton v Bonnyrigg) - a different argument TBH Shanner, and how many junior sides will realistically be in that place anytime soon?

I agree that its a one off but there appears to be a principle at stake in the assertion that "£13 to get into watch a team who play as a part-time semi pro outfit. Absolute joke!!". Surely, then, it's as big a joke in a one off Scottish Cup game as it is in a run of the mill league game. 

the bottom line is that -almost without exception - the £13 for a third division game gets you a better standard of football in a better setting, which nullifies the Juniors are better VFM argument. The quality of the Senior game is greater and that's why it costs more. The slight overlap in quality between the top Juniors and lesser Seniors shouldn't mask the whole picture. A senior fan could easily turn round and argue that you'd need to be off your chump to part with money to watch a bottom tier Junior game on the same basis. 

Ill concede that value for money diminishes as you go up through the levels in Scottish football but £13 is eminently affordable and not unreasonable. 

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

Depends who you are playing. BSC Glasgow decided to charge £10 when they drew Talbot in the senior scottish and while I wouldn't call it an official boycott I didn't go.

That was just pure unadulterated profiteering. They knew 80% of the gate would have been away fans and it was a low trick. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Completely different situation and argument.

1. Scottish Cup game (History, prestige)

2. One off game

Just now, KilsythCoyle said:

Completely different situation and argument.

1. Scottish Cup game (History, prestige)

2. One off game

So what is the regular price that would stop you going to see Kilsyth?

What is the figure you place on your support of your team? 

46 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I agree that its a one off but there appears to be a principle at stake in the assertion that "£13 to get into watch a team who play as a part-time semi pro outfit. Absolute joke!!". Surely, then, it's as big a joke in a one off Scottish Cup game as it is in a run of the mill league game. 

the bottom line is that -almost without exception - the £13 for a third division game gets you a better standard of football in a better setting, which nullifies the Juniors are better VFM argument. The quality of the Senior game is greater and that's why it costs more. The slight overlap in quality between the top Juniors and lesser Seniors shouldn't mask the whole picture. A senior fan could easily turn round and argue that you'd need to be off your chump to part with money to watch a bottom tier Junior game on the same basis. 

Ill concede that value for money diminishes as you go up through the levels in Scottish football but £13 is eminently affordable and not unreasonable. 

I'm popping along tae Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh tomorrow nicht where it's £12 - while I'd expect the facilities and organisation at Central Park to be above any junior outfit, I've no idea how the standard will fare - Stirling comfortably beat Linlithgow (both sides being near the foot of their tables) but until we see more matches between top juniors and struggling seniors Pie and Bov will be as tedious as ever.

Certainly Pollok, Talbot, us et al at the top end of the juniors offer fair value for £6 (though I'm biased) - I would imagine sides at the bottom would see very little entry fees with most attendees being club officials. I've always thought about pre-match entertainment at our level - what demand would there be for it? The best side I've ever seen for that were Glasgow City WFC... who have MANY volunteers.

4 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I'm popping along tae Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh tomorrow nicht where it's £12 - while I'd expect the facilities and organisation at Central Park to be above any junior outfit, I've no idea how the standard will fare - Stirling comfortably beat Linlithgow (both sides being near the foot of their tables) but until we see more matches between top juniors and struggling seniors Pie and Bov will be as tedious as ever.

Certainly Pollok, Talbot, us et al at the top end of the juniors offer fair value for £6 (though I'm biased) - I would imagine sides at the bottom would see very little entry fees with most attendees being club officials. I've always thought about pre-match entertainment at our level - what demand would there be for it? The best side I've ever seen for that were Glasgow City WFC... who have MANY volunteers.

If you think Central Park is going to be better than a Junior ground you are going to be disappointed.

Admittedly it is the worst SPFL ground though 

48 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Rant time, and maybe going off in a tangent lol :lol: :

A fair point about the lesser Juniors, which would make a strong case that the current pricing should be lowered slightly, when clubs are playing in the district leagues??

I still think that the £13 branded at Stirling Albion is pretty ridiculous to watch a part-time football team. 

Im sorry, but this is the problem with our game nowadays. You see half empty senior grounds all over the country every week, and I put that down to cost. 

Even the big guns such as Celtic and Rangers can't fill there ground for a Scottish or League Cup tie. 

There's more out there for people to spend their incomes on now, and kids have other interests, so why price yourself out the market??

At the end of the day football is an entertainment and I think that too many individuals and clubs have forgotten about this.

Too many clubs trying to pay outlandish wages to bang average players. The players will always be there, but maybe it's time they weren't paid stupid money that some get. Back to basics time!

This is why the top Junior leagues have it spot on. £5 or £6 (adult) £3 (OAP) and Kids in for Free. Pies for a pound (or there abouts, depending on which club). Most grounds have a social club too, where you can get a couple of pints in and still have plenty change in your pocket from what the price of a senior team would charge.

Fantastic value for money in this day and age to watch a decent competitive standard of football. 

Football fans are out there, and always will be, but they aren't daft. A fan will pay the entry fee as to what they feel is value for money.

26 minutes ago, Shanner said:

So what is the regular price that would stop you going to see Kilsyth?

What is the figure you place on your support of your team? 

I believe the current £6 entry fee is more than suffice for the quality / standard on show, as would if we were playing in the Premier.

Fantastic value and realistic in the modern day.

1 hour ago, KilsythCoyle said:

I believe the current £6 entry fee is more than suffice for the quality / standard on show, as would if we were playing in the Premier.

Fantastic value and realistic in the modern day.

Not really an answer to the question I asked!

Archived