Heart of Midlothian (Edinburgh) vs Ross County (Dingwall)

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

But I wasn't talking about Hearts supporters, I was solely referring to Elixir A few results go against his team and he goes from the greatest supporter on the planet, to never going back while Cathro is in charge.

Fair enough, picked you up wrong.

I started following Hearts as a kid when we were yo-yoing between SPL and Div1, playing the likes of Arbroath in front of 5000. Now we're pissed off because we may not achieve 3rd ahead of a crap Rangers team. That said, I'm giving Ross County a miss. Money to be spent elsewhere this week.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

But I wasn't talking about Hearts supporters, I was solely referring to Elixir A few results go against his team and he goes from the greatest supporter on the planet, to never going back while Cathro is in charge.

Don't ever venture onto the Andy Murray thread.  Elixir regularly goes from Murray being the greatest and should win multiple slams to he's shite and a waster. It's just the way he is.  He is certainly entertaining though.

On to the game and County have been in a rut for a long time.  We can't dictate from midfield, our forwards are missing their chances, and we will guarantee you a goal with defensive lapses.  Our forwards won't carry on missing so we definitely have a chance.  A point would be a good result going into our next five matches which are against our rivals for relegation and (according to Jim and Billy) our rivals for the top 6 finish.  Ourselves and Motherwell seem to look particularly bad right now though.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:16, paranoid android said:

Hard to know what the team will be - aside from Paterson and Souttar, there are injury concerns over Hughes, Cowie, Buaben, Johnsen, and Walker - not sure when Isma's suspension will kick in after his red yesterday - sounds like Hamilton played quite well, but I'd give Noring a game now.

Goncalves suspended right enough.

Hamilton

Struna - Nowak - Avlontis - Sowah

Nicholson - Kitchen - Tziolis - Choulay

Currie - Djoum

Subs: Noring, Rherras, Beith, Martin, Bikey, Smith, Oshaniwa

Is there any c**t else available?

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Goncalves suspended right enough.

Hamilton

Struna - Nowak - Avlontis - Sowah

Nicholson - Kitchen - Tziolis - Choulay

Currie - Djoum

Subs: Noring, Rherras, Beith, Martin, Bikey, Smith, Oshaniwa

Is there any c**t else available?

Thought Rherras was ok on saturday, which is better than most done.  He got forward well enough with little support and i'm not convinced by Sowah at all but i'd start him.  Cowie is back full training so if he's fit enough i'd have him in ahead of Choulay from your team with Nicholsn and Djoum supporting Currie.

53 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

McEveley and Quinn struggling to make it, Routis, McShane (and Burke obviously) out - P&J

Is it just me, or is there a repeating pattern of players having a 'mare then being out injured?

• Woods had a back injury from the 1-4 tanking at Motherwell, then didn't play for quite a few weeks.
  • Routis was subbed after an hour at Killie, then had a poor game in the midweek 1-2 loss to Motherwell just after, when he was taken out of the centre of midfield halfway through the first half, then was taken off at half-time.  Hasn't been seen since.
  • McEveley scored another OG against St Johnstone, didn't have a good game, now he's out with an injury.
  • Quinn picked up an injury from the 1-4 at Motherwell too, was in the stands for a while, sometimes on the bench.  Davies was unavailable for the first three games of 2017 so Quinn was back into the team.  Davies was available for the Rangers game: Quinn was out of the squad completelely, then made it to the bench for subsequent games.  Was he taken off at HT against Aberdeen because he was injured or because he was left on the floor by Hayes?  It seems to me that he is managing one or more injuries as best as he can, and maybe makes himself available when the manager knows Davies is out, but it seems a little odd.

There are probably legit reasons why they are all out at various points, eg managing longer term injuries, yet I cant help but wonder.

55 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Is it just me, or is there a repeating pattern of players having a 'mare then being out injured?

• Woods had a back injury from the 1-4 tanking at Motherwell, then didn't play for quite a few weeks.
  • Routis was subbed after an hour at Killie, then had a poor game in the midweek 1-2 loss to Motherwell just after, when he was taken out of the centre of midfield halfway through the first half, then was taken off at half-time.  Hasn't been seen since.
  • McEveley scored another OG against St Johnstone, didn't have a good game, now he's out with an injury.
  • Quinn picked up an injury from the 1-4 at Motherwell too, was in the stands for a while, sometimes on the bench.  Davies was unavailable for the first three games of 2017 so Quinn was back into the team.  Davies was available for the Rangers game: Quinn was out of the squad completelely, then made it to the bench for subsequent games.  Was he taken off at HT against Aberdeen because he was injured or because he was left on the floor by Hayes?  It seems to me that he is managing one or more injuries as best as he can, and maybe makes himself available when the manager knows Davies is out, but it seems a little odd.

There are probably legit reasons why they are all out at various points, eg managing longer term injuries, yet I cant help but wonder.

Players who are fatigued and have picked up lots of minor knocks are likely to have a bad game, they're also at greater risk of picking up a more major injuries

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought Rherras was ok on saturday, which is better than most done.  He got forward well enough with little support and i'm not convinced by Sowah at all but i'd start him.  Cowie is back full training so if he's fit enough i'd have him in ahead of Choulay from your team with Nicholsn and Djoum supporting Currie.

Yup. Currie will need plenty of support, and it would be good if Cowie makes it.

I haven't totally given up on Martin yet - I think he can play - he's just painfully fucking slow.

Think this'll be a score draw.

On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 13:37, Bambino7 said:

Unllke Hearts who play in a utter shitehole in the middle of of Edinburgh's biggest shiteholes? :lol: 

Haha, m8.

On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 14:23, Bambino7 said:

I've enjoyed my last few trips there, that's for sure :)

Two absolutely shan draws? Bit weird.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Haha, m8.

Two absolutely shan draws? Bit weird.

First draw was decent, hearts shat the bed, as was pumping a team by 8, also the league cup semi m8. 

Tactical Tombola again.

I have no idea how that team works into a formation. I'm not sure Jim or the team do either.

Hopefully it's:

Fox

Fraser Davies McEveley

Naismith Chow Woods VdW

Boyce

Curran Schalk

Archived