Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not, our full backs will give you plenty of space to try.

Primarily because we don't tend to play wide midfielders. I imagine McCall will have no idea about these deficiencies you mention despite us having someone that can attack a cross in the box now. We will play one wide midfielder if we are very very lucky.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Why not, our full backs will give you plenty of space to try.

That space will be unoccupied.  Nicky Devlin will run into it every now and then but chasing a ridiculous pass heading out for a throw in 

Do most Ayr fans really want Harkins out of the starting eleven?  I know he is enigmatic at best of times but I've rarely seen him have a bad game v us in his career. In a game that might depend on one moment of magic, he is one of the few capable, he might even raise his 'lazy' game for such a 6pointer?, I would be very pleased to see him on the bench!

Ryan Stevenson could turn out to be the story, v his old club that didn't want him this season, guy was a total standout for Ayr back in the pre tattoo day, surely some kind of modern day Ayr 'legend'? 

I'm not heading down now, ignoring the distance on a midweek night it's more superstition, 5 away trips this season, 4 defeats, one draw at East End that should have been a defeat, was close to being at Ayr 1st game and was actually in car ready to head to Falkirk the day we won 4-2 before something serious came up. Updates for me

I like Harkins but I'm probably in the minority. Yes, he carries quite a bit of weight, Yes, he looks disinterested at times and Yes he can be very frustrating, however these statements could equally apply to quite a few in our team at the moment. What he does have is a touch of class and it's not his fault that nobody makes a run for him or an angle for a pass. Personally I think our tactics and shape (if we even have one) are the main problem and quite frankly Pele could have played up front for us on Saturday and he wouldn't have touched the ball.

Tippy tappy sideways, back the way, sideways again, then lose possession (usually Cairney), rinse and repeat. Dross, total and utter dross............

Let's clear up any confusion on this one.  Harkins has been appalling since late November/early December.  As first team coach, he ought to be setting an example on the park but instead pads around like an ageing Highland coo swishing his tail periodically to absolutely no effect.  None of this is Paul Cairney's fault.  Or my fault.  Or your fault.  It is his fault.   He is either done or not trying a leg.  Suspect we'll have to play him tonight given the injuries we have, but otherwise, he's in need of being dropped. 

Let's clear up any confusion on this one.  Harkins has been appalling since late November/early December.  As first team coach, he ought to be setting an example on the park but instead pads around like an ageing Highland coo swishing his tail periodically to absolutely no effect.  None of this is Paul Cairney's fault.  Or my fault.  Or your fault.  It is his fault.   He is either done or not trying a leg.  Suspect we'll have to play him tonight given the injuries we have, but otherwise, he's in need of being dropped. 

^^^^ Sure to score

1 minute ago, Daz80 said:

Not sure if it's been said already but the last goalkeeper we brought in due to an injury crisis was Allan Fleming from Kelty, who is the brother of Ayr's keeper Greg. 

Just saying likes. 

Aye, he let in three goals, thanks for jinxing this.

23 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

We all see the game differently, personally I'd have Harkins as our 2nd best player on Saturday behind Devlin, don't get me wrong he was absolutely atrocious but I still remember him doing more "good" things than anyone else. He produced the ONLY moment of brilliance when he dribbled past 3 players before being hauled down, however conversely Cairney was a complete waste of space in my opinion and through complete stupidity / lack of concentration gifted St Mirren their first goal.

Archived