Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

25 minutes ago, young buck said:

What would be more humiliating...

making the buddies look like Brazil 

OR

losing at home to a no wins in 16 with no keeper

or struggling to draw at home to Clyde who are currently 8th in division 2 and then struggle again to beat them in the replay...

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Wait who are the 4 loanees? 

- Scott Roberts

- Ryan Hardie

- Aaron Lennox 

Are all i can find on your squad page (McManus doesnt count) so should still have one spare?

Jordan Thompson

2 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

We can only sign an u-21 goalkeeper because it has to be an emergency loan.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's ok, we'll release him and you can have him permanently. I'm sure it'll be no bother.

Edit: Is that still the case? Commons and Ambrose are both (well) over 21.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Fairly sure the rule is only having one overage loan at a time rather than only being allowed one throughout the season which is why Hibs are fine, so there's no loophole there and you're out of luck.

It's going to be a laugh when Raith fling in some ringer from the Juniors then Ayr fail to get a shot on target anyway.

You can have a maximum of two over 21's on loan in a season but only one at a time.

You can have a maximum of 4 domestic emergency or standard loans at one time too and a maximum of 5 in one season. However you can have additional Development Loans. Are none of the existing loans Development loans? Lennox clearly isn't and I think Roberts and Thompson are too old for one too but I would have thought Hardie was a Development Loan. He was definitely a Development Loan at St Mirren because he played for Rangers 20's at the same time.

Have they had anyone else on loan apart from the ones listed? And not including McManus who doesn't count.

28 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

or struggling to draw at home to Clyde who are currently 8th in division 2 and then struggle again to beat them in the replay...

For 45 minutes we were excellent against Clyde. Looked like giving them a real doing but ayr'd it

It's a very tough one to call tonight in terms of our team, but id like McCall to show some balls and change it as much as he can. Doc/Crawford/Adams all missing gives us a big problem in centre mid. For me I'd go:

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni McKenna Meggat

Wardrope Rose Cairney

Forrest El Alagui McDaid

Subs: Hart, Gilmour, Harkins, Moore, McKenzie, McGuffie

Dont think we have any more fit players and with the 20s playing last night I can't see any of them being drafted in to be cover, especially as they were low on players with a few regulars in defence injured.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You can have a maximum of two over 21's on loan in a season but only one at a time.

You can have a maximum of 4 domestic emergency or standard loans at one time too and a maximum of 5 in one season. However you can have additional Development Loans. Are none of the existing loans Development loans? Lennox clearly isn't and I think Roberts and Thompson are too old for one too but I would have thought Hardie was a Development Loan. He was definitely a Development Loan at St Mirren because he played for Rangers 20's at the same time.

Have they had anyone else on loan apart from the ones listed? And not including McManus who doesn't count.

As far as I can tell, this is the current situation, going by the terminology used on the Rovers website when signed:

So unless the terminology on the Rovers website is wrong, we have used two standard loans, one over 21 and one under this season (Lennox/Roberts). One emergency loan (Smith). And two development loans (Hardie/Thompson). 

Current squad has three players on loan, unless McManus counts towards this? That would then give us four loanees and unable to get another. 

Reading that I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get an emergency or development loan for a keeper from a Premiership side? Of course, the elephant in the room, we could terminate Lennox's loan, he's out for the season anyway (presumably) and is currently in Australia. This would allow us to sign any goalie in Scotland, regardless of age... right?

What a mess.

18 minutes ago, Paco said:

As far as I can tell, this is the current situation, going by the terminology used on the Rovers website when signed:

So unless the terminology on the Rovers is wrong, we have used two standard loans, one over 21 and one under this season (Lennox/Roberts). One emergency loan (Smith). And two development loans (Hardie/Thompson). 

Current squad has three players on loan, unless McManus counts towards this? That would then give us four loanees and unable to get another. 

Reading that I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get an emergency or development loan for a keeper from a Premiership side? Of course, the elephant in the room, we could terminate Lennox's loan, he's out for the season anyway (presumably) and is currently in Australia. This would allow us to sign any goalie in Scotland, regardless of age... surely?

What a mess.

Thanks. Declan McManus is completely irrelevant here. He's technically your player as Intenrational Loans require a temporary release and a contract at this end.

The cut off date for a Development Loan for this season is 1st January 1997. Players born before then can't be Development Loans. You can only do a Development Loan in a window too so anyone arriving outwith a window can't be on one. You can't do one now for instance and Liam Smith must have been an Emergency not a Development at that point.

Jordan Thompson was born on 3rd January 1997 according to Wiki so he is (just) young enough to be a Development Loan. Hardie clearly is eligible to be Development and since your website states they both are then they both will have been. They are irrelevant to the immediate loan limits then. Jordan Thompson's loan will count as 1 if it was extended before it expired and will count as 2 if it expired first but if it's still Development then that's irrelevant. Can't see any suggestion in recent team lists that he's been playing for Rangers 20's to confirm though.

So ignoring Development loans and presuming Thompson still is one then you've had Lennox, Roberts and Smith on loan this season and only two at the moment. So far as I can see you have two spare loans to use then, though anyone brought in would need to be domestic and be "under 21". Just to complicate things more, the qualification date for an "Under 21 loan" is different from the Development Loan under 20 date. Anyone born on or after 1st January 1995 counts as "Under 21" for this.

I doubt the SPFL would allow a termination of the Lennox loan just to bring in another over 21 loan. So you can probably bring in a keeper born after 1 January 1995 on Emergency Loan though.

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

. So you can probably bring in a keeper born after 1 January 1995 on Emergency Loan though.

Thanks. Hopefully the club are aware of this and not scrabbling around for a Juniors goalie needlessly. 

19 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Every game isn't different though...(although usually same outcome for us, and probably yourselves too) a corner and a goal in the first five mins for any team it is then!! 

Yeah, you don't necessarily need to be blasting shot after shot to take advantage of an outfield player in goal. He could flap at a cross, come charging out needlessly, leave a cross to a defender that they're never getting, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Thanks. Hopefully the club are aware of this and not scrabbling around for a Juniors goalie needlessly. 

Yeah, you don't necessarily need to be blasting shot after shot to take advantage of an outfield player in goal. He could flap at a cross, come charging out needlessly, leave a cross to a defender that they're never getting, etc. 

Us cross a ball :lol:

Archived