Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Joking aside, which senior ground in Scotland now has the best terracing?

Ayr and Morton still have terracing in The Championship. Are there better grounds with terracing in League 1 and 2?

20161007_202234_optimized.thumb.jpg.ede48cfed3cbd83c2e3e2c36bb1c0fbf.jpg

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr and Morton still have terracing in The Championship. Are there better grounds with terracing in League 1 and 2?

Can't class Morton as having terracing as away fans rarely get to use it unless they take over 1000 I'm sure.

I thought Somerset was quite decent with the terracing. Another ground I quite liked despite watching the worst performance I've seen from a Rovers team in recent memory last season was at Ochilview.

Any word on Brennan? Is Lennox out for the season?

Back to basics for me, I'd go with:

Half Time Hopey

Thomson
M'Voto
Bene
McHattie

Matthews
Callachan
C. Barr
B. Barr

Stewart
Hardie

4-4-2 when going forward then 4-5-1 with Stewart dropping back to right wing and Matthews tucking in one when we defend. 

Somerset Park has to be easily the best terraced stadium left in Scotland. No other stadium compares.

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I briefly considered going tomorrow until I realised the train from Edinburgh costs £35 return and the 2215 from Ayr gets me home just a smidge after 6am. Looks like I'll pass on watching us limp meekly to another soul crushing defeat.

No supporters busses going? 

Really not looking forward to this, lose this and I think it's game over for us. 

We have Peter Murphy, Robbie Crawford and Jamie Adams definitely out through injury. Both Paddy Boyle and Declan McDaid are doubtful(they'll no doubt miss out) while Ross Docherty is serving the 2nd match of his suspension. 

I'd go:

Fleming

Meggatt

McKenna

Balatoni

Devlin

McGuffie

Cairney

Harkins

Forrest

El Alagui

Moore 

Struggling to name 5 subs nevermind 7. 

Prediction: Ayr United 0-2 Raith Rovers. Bobby Barr and Ryan Stevenson with the goals. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No supporters busses going? 

Really not looking forward to this, lose this and I think it's game over for us. 

We have Peter Murphy, Robbie Crawford and Jamie Adams definitely out through injury. Both Paddy Boyle and Declan McDaid are doubtful(they'll no doubt miss out) while Ross Docherty is serving the 2nd match of his suspension. 

I'd go:

Fleming

Meggatt

McKenna

Balatoni

Devlin

McGuffie

Cairney

Harkins

Forrest

El Alagui

Moore 

Struggling to name 5 subs nevermind 7. 

Prediction: Ayr United 0-2 Raith Rovers. Bobby Barr and Ryan Stevenson with the goals. 

A central midfield pairing of Harkins and Cairney?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

None of the potential midfields fill me with much inspiration but surely Rose has got to play, only one available who bears any resemblance to Adams.

Not got much clue who plays with him though. Realistically there's Wardrope, Gilmour, Harkins and Cairney. Maybe Wardrope. McGuffie has got to play and I'd be tempted to put Forrest up front again but then that means having to bring in another midfielder at the expense of Farid or Moore.

Archived