Ayr Utd vs Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, rw89 said:

Hughes has been in for 2 games and is still getting to know the squad. Not sure why we didn't play McHattie or Matthews, but I'm sure there was reason. Similar goes for 

Frankly, chat of "losing this game and we're down" is fucking mental. Aye, we're struggling for a goal keeper (which it wouldn't surprise me if we sign another in all honesty) and we've been shit since October. But we've still got to play both St Mirren and Ayr twice each. We've got Dumbarton away too which is a chance to pick up points. It's by no means over yet. 

Obviously, I'd rather we a defeat. But we've moaned all season about a manager being shite. We've had a decent squad all season and not been getting the best out of them. I'm still confident we can turn things around. 

I would hardly say it's mental that if we lose this we certainly look favourites to go down, out played by both teams below us in the past games, one point clear of the relegation play off and confidence at an all time low, the confidence it will also give Ayr means that although we have to play them again they would probably feel better going into it. 

Aye this is about as near as a must not lose as it gets. 

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hughes has been in for 2 games and is still getting to know the squad. Not sure why we didn't play McHattie or Matthews, but I'm sure there was reason.

The thing is it wouldn't matter what manager with any credibility came in, you simply can't polish a turd. We are Locke'd well and truly

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

If Brennan is genuinely injured then fair enough, but that was an absolute nothing challenge/incident when it occurred and because he was having a mare I think he was genuinely trying to hide and put that injury on. That fake hobble he was doing at times yesterday to milk the injury was embarrassing. But if he is genuinely injured, and he's out of the game against Ayr then I'll certainly look very stupid haha

I've only ever seen one keeper feign injury in order to milk sympathy and that was Ally Brown against Partick under Dalziel. I don't think Brennan was faking it yesterday. And it wouldn't surprise me if we're left reaching out to other keepers to help out. 

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It's hardly fucking mental. We do still have the teams at the bottom to play 5 times, but the first of these games is Tuesday. We need to win (or at least not lose) the majority of these games to stay out the relegation mix. If we lose, it's an indicator that things are fucked. If we failed to win the next couple of games against St Mirren and Dumbarton it would cement that feeling.

We really need a win.

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Hibs game, we didn't look any more organised than the Hibs games under Locke. As soon as we conceded, we started to panic. Yesterday was just as bad as under Locke if not worse. We have a LB on the bench, a RB playing at LB and CB playing at RB. We won't start picking up points until that gets sorted at least.

That's the sort of mistakes that a relegated team makes. Probably our easiest game by a clear distance between now and the end of the season, is on Tuesday night( no offence to Ayr).

We lose that, how can you then continue to look at the positives that aren't actually there?

Completely agree with you about the McHattie situation. We need to play our strongest defence, and it's the one area where we've actually become a bit over burdened. It raises the question of whether a solid performance last week meant we kept things the same. I can understand why people who say it'd be brutal if we do lose the game on Tuesday. As I say, it's not a situation that we want to be thinking about. But if we win it then we go above Dumbarton and it's looking a lot more positive. 

However, it's not so much as the positives, but it's that we have time to rectify the situation. Guess we'll have to see what happens on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

If Brennan is genuinely injured then fair enough, but that was an absolute nothing challenge/incident when it occurred and because he was having a mare I think he was genuinely trying to hide and put that injury on. That fake hobble he was doing at times yesterday to milk the injury was embarrassing. But if he is genuinely injured, and he's out of the game against Ayr then I'll certainly look very stupid haha

Image result for wtf gifs

Dunfermline are now above Rovers. Rightly so.

Can only see relegation for Rovers and play offs for us next season.

We've overtaken the wee team quicker than I anticipated.

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Your not charging £17 to stand on the terracing ???

That's what it costs aye. sometimes the club reduces prices for games, and since they have two games in four days hoping that it might be lower for Raith.

No idea what will happen in this match. The awful form of both teams points towards a low scoring draw but with both teams needing to win then might not be the case.

Reading an Ayr post further up, I could say same for us, why don't we just go 4-4-2, everyone knows their job, nothing fancy, players in correct/preferred position? Back to basics

I cant comment much on Ayr but I know they outplayed us at Starks and should have got more than a point, we have played the same or worse pretty much since.

Under Locke we would certainly have lost this match, the optimism since Hughes arrived has been tempered by chronic showing yesterday with a pretty baffling line up too

Hopeful, certainly not confident

Best terracing in the Championship.

Joking aside, which senior ground in Scotland now has the best terracing?

Ayr and Morton still have terracing in The Championship. Are there better grounds with terracing in League 1 and 2?

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 00:06, somerset_lad00 said:

Want to move on from today's game as quickly as possible. If we lose here then we'll be even further into the shit than we already are but if the miraculous does indeed happen and we win we can drag Raith right into the mix.

There isn't a a lot of players to pick from as we've pretty much all of our midfielders injured (shades of last year) but I think we need to ditch the 3 at the back as it failed miserably today.

Disagree it failed miserably. In a defensive sense, it worked reasonably well. Balatoni was able to take the ball and distribute it more effectively from the back, we were less susceptible to the counter attack and the majority of St. Mirren's chances in the first-half came from set-pieces rather than any shortcomings in our defensive set-up.

Biggest problem was a complete lack of legs in midfield and subsequently the huge gap between midfield and the front two; clearly missing Docherty, Crawford and then Adams going off was/is a significant problem. Add McDaid to that list as the only guy with any pace (apart from McGuffie, maybe) and we're just not going to create chances to score other than hit and hope to El Alagui and Moore, albeit if we can get in behind the Rovers defence that way on Tuesday it might reap some reward.

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Joking aside, which senior ground in Scotland now has the best terracing?

Ayr and Morton still have terracing in The Championship. Are there better grounds with terracing in League 1 and 2?

Home end at Palmerston has the best sight lines I would say.

Archived