St Mirren vs Hibs

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye their was plenty of boos last night right enough!

If you look back at our results under Danny Lennon you'll see why he wasn't kept on. Especially the season after we won the cup.

There was, every tackle or decision "booooo" 

As for Danny, look at the results ever since.  Wonderful decision bringing in Tommy Craig in :lol: 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

While I don't care if they say 'well done' to us or not, you're right about them moaning. Last week they were a top six Premiership side after pumping Hearts. This week it's doom and gloom. I guess they might be slightly fragile after a few failed promotion attempts and there's no way a club with a support of that size should be in this league.

I want them to go up - the fans are decent, we need them to sell John McGinn for £10m, and this league should be for genuine diddy clubs, not these fucking pretenders.

It's not "doom and gloom" for me. Seemed like everything was coming up Milhouse when we pumped Dundee United and went four points clear, I'm not going to get the rope out about being 7 clear, albeit with an extra game played.

The difference between this Hibs team at their best and how they regularly play in the league absolutely deserves criticism though. As does Lennon's cringeworthy back-patting after the derby. Pretty sure if Hibs fans were completely blasé about losing games like this, it would elicit even more greeting tbh.

10 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

Oh dear what a knob90ed7f9ee283645d8cc59e4119b056fc.jpg

Hahaha. After all the months of justified hounding we've taken from all fronts and especially the Morton fans, it's nice to see one gentle jab back the way can elicit such an angered response. :lol:

I think it's time to bow out this thread.

Well deserved win last night Sainties and I hope you stay up at the expense of they Ayr cuntos.

Good luck, our paths may cross once again in a few years time :) 

St Mirrin were very impressive and deserved to win before. Played some really decent football and I'm confident they'll stay up on that showing.

We were utter mince and can only hope some key players get some form back pronto. SDG in particular looked jaded and out of sorts. 

20 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We're getting our injured players back at the right time. Oliver and Doyle will be back this month and I wouldn't rule out Quitongo making a return before the season ends.

All if's and but's of course, but if we win our game in hand it comes down to 6 points to catch Hibs

And we'll claw back the 6 points on 29/03 and 08/04.

Fun fact: the 0-3 demolition by The Famous that broke Hibs' league campaign happened on February 24th last year. Their meltdown upon hitting the business end of the season has a clear precedent.

Fun fact 2: A Hibs defeat tonight would put the title in the hands of The Famous.

giphy.gif

Because you've never squandered a massive points lead. [emoji23]

St. Mirren didn't play like relegation certainties - they controlled the game. If they can sustain that level of drive & determination, St. Mirren may yet claw their way out of the hole they dug for themselves. Then again, football is never 'black-and-white'; they could drift away just as quickly as Hibs have been dragged into a title scrap - which is most definitely the situation we have put ourselves in.

It was a grey day for David Gray, defending against the stellar showing from Stelios Demetriou. Boyle & Gray were turned inside-out too easily by the Cypriot, who simply side-stepped inside to an 'outer space' of inner space. I've read a lot of comments on Hibs forums scapegoating our poor little Lambrose; if our right centre-back was indeed 'posted missing' and 'caught wrong-sided', then those fans need to direct their ire towards McGregor (the player who was playing in that position). We were constantly chasing our own tails, backpedalling from our own errors and struggling to keep up with a better-drilled side. We created an onslaught through a perpetual inability to pass to anyone other than our centre-backs. Our central midfielders would have been better options to cover our fullbacks as they were getting cut out of the game entirely by a combination of our hopeless balls forward, the opposition's pressure and our myriad mistakes. Meanwhile, Boyle uncomfortably tried to cover the right side whilst the will alone of Hibs supporters struggled to support Stevenson on the left.

For me, it was a continuation of Dunfermline's dominating display at Easter Road. There was a lack of any discernible shape or structure to the side; players with no clear tactical instructions, dragged about and picked apart by a sharper side that passed the ball with purpose; the persistence of a pointless formation; toothless attacking; gutless defending; no cohesion or understanding between any two players; defeatist displays from individuals, throwing strops and 'downing tools' after a misplaced pass or being dispossessed. The unenlightened to Scottish football would have presumed that the sombrely luminous kits contained the despondent certs for relegation.

Our lack of effort and quality on the ball was only overshadowed by some of the most glaringly gaping holes in our setup. Gray looks shattered after playing in two positions simultaneously for most of 2017; Gray should have done better, but he's just one of several players that look 'off the pace' rather than jaded. The rest of the players didn't seem content with what they were witnessing and stopped chasing the ball. I would have argued that Marciano was MotM against Dunfermline, but he was awful against St. Mirren; Marciano was in a good position to save both shots at his near-post and could have stopped them. The incident where Ambrose held onto the ball in front of the keeper looked like a combination poor communication and a lack of understanding between the two - that moment epitomised Hibs' recent games: strangers in the same team, waiting for one another to take responsibility.

I feel that Lennon is lucky to have Hibbies blaming players for having 'a big-game mentality'. He also had the cheek to refer to players as 'yellow' when the yellow-toothed dinosaur once again shat out of making any changes to his setup/style/formation/management/toothpaste, in spite of those things clearly showing a cause for concern. I honestly couldn't tell you what formation we were playing; I don't think the players would be able to tell you either; Lennon will probably tell you - but he'll be lying.

Lennon may say: 4-1-2-1-2

I would say: a very fluid 1-3-1-1-2-1-1 (a.k.a. The Piss-Poor):

Marciano
                             Gray            Stevenson           

McGregorAmbrose         

Boyle                                                              Bartley                                     

Fyvie                         McGinn

Shinnie

Cummings

Not quoting MD's full post above but I agree on the point of Marciano. Surprisingly little has been made of the fact that he was beaten at his near post twice for the goals. He looked very poor. Even got away with one when he tried to clear and booted it right off Magennis (I think) and lucky for him it bounced wide. 

Archived