Dundee v Partick Thistle

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee utter pish as they seem to be every time I get to actually go. Season book has 8 unused vouchers in it out of 14, have seen one win (Motherwell) haven't seen them score a goal since and paid up to watch St. Mirren horse us out of the cup.
Form a queue for the lucky white heather.

Aaaand we are still complete total and utter pish at throw-ins. Be as well just giving the ball back.

Thistle certainly less pish and probably deserved all 3 points.

Absolutely pathetic display. Last two games I've been to are that and Aberdeen. I think Dundee have mustered a shot on goal per game.

Standard is horrendous, doubt I'll be back any time soon.

Tall guy with long hair in centre mid for Partick was easily the best player. Haber was Dundee's most effective player. Hesitant to say best player as there's a difference between being good and effective.

Funny old game, isn't it. Win 5-1 away on Saturday, go down with a whimper 1-0 at home on Wednesday.

Pretty pish game overall decided by a pish goal. Just so happened it went the way of Thistle.

They're "that" team for us this year. No matter what, we just can't beat them. 

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

How did that work out for you champ?

Thought we gave it a good go and had a few decent chances but unfortunately didn't take them. Can't say we deserved much out of the game tonight as we were poor. Thistle did what they had to do to win and that was it. Wasn't really an outstanding performance from Thistle but 3 points is all that matters and like I said you did what you had to do, so fair play.

Archibald has built a really good side there, very good, young spine with Lindsay, Osman and Erskine. I know Thistle fans all love Doolan, and so they should, but I think if you had a proper goalscorer up there you would comfortably be a top 4 side. 

It's a matter of time before Archibald gets a big gig as a manager and he more than deserves it, he's built a very solid young team who are hard to break down on a small budget. It's still going to be tight for who get's that top 6 spot but based on the remaining fixtures I think you guys will sneak it. I think we should have enough to avoid a relegation battle but I just hope we don't get dragged back down there anytime soon. 

Congrats on the 3 points and I hope you pump the sheep on Sunday. Thistle deserve a day oot at Hampden.

Can't really complain about the result I suppose but....
Very physical side, whenever they lose the ball the Dundee player would get pushed over it just clogged. Countless fouls, bookings started far too late in the game. Time wasting from the off. Erskine is a very classy player however. We improved second half, I thought we were going to get an equaliser, maybe just about deserved it.
Personally I thought O'Dea was fouled but hey ho.

Thought Thistle were more determined and physical than we were.  

From where I sit it looked like a definite foul on O'Dea just before the goal.  The referee maybe thought he down too easy but it's still a foul.

Overall, can't complain about the result.  

Can anyone tell me what's the point of Williams?  He's certainly not a striker, winger, midfielder or defender.  The benches where I sit are needing a new coat of paint.  Worth trying him out at that I suppose.

Very physical side, whenever they lose the ball the Dundee player would get pushed over it just clogged.

Countless fouls, bookings started far too late in the game.

Time wasting from the off.

Personally I thought O'Dea was fouled but hey ho.

ad346d0aec2c51989a897b5f3a35e963.gif

Archived