Wrestlemania 33

gallusguy

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed it, Aries Neville was quality in the pre show, then it started out great up til the mixed tag. Thought the raw women's match was very good. The hardys pop was unreal. Surely Caesaros ribs are shattered tho. Went downhill after that tho. Rollins vs hhh was pretty good, Goldberg lesnar was done well, the other matches not so great. Good to see taker hang up the gloves tho. Right way to end it.

Agree with most that the first half of the show was way better than the second. Hardys coming out, although i kinda knew it was happening was amazing. Great match. Hats off to Goldberg for taking 10 suplexes, must've been fucked on Monday. Orton match and Smackdown womens  match were crap imo. Rollins match was good, was he ever actually injured? The superplex to falcons arrow was awesome. 

I only pop in to wrestling now and again nowadays.. usually for the Rumble and Mania. This year's Mania is the most I've enjoyed wrestling in years but it was rather long.

I only pop in to wrestling now and again nowadays.. usually for the Rumble and Mania. This year's Mania is the most I've enjoyed wrestling in years but it was rather long.

Pretty much this for me too. Enjoyed it although I didn't watch it all in one go. Didn't like the Taker ending though,because I just know they'll ruin what it should mean.

Its Thursday and still making my way through the show, haven't ready any of the thread to avoid spoilers, but just wanted to say the continuation of the Expedition of Gold was delightful, cant wait for them to win the smackdown title next. 8 tag team titles in one year is some going

It's probably not written entirely seriously, but read a decent article about someone watching WM without having watched a minute of wrestling before.  Quite interesting to see it through the eyes of someone who has absolutely no idea who any of these people are, and are purely relying on the promo videos and match action.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/3/15147824/wrestlemania-33-recap-first-time-watching-wrestling-oh-my-good-lord

57 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's probably not written entirely seriously, but read a decent article about someone watching WM without having watched a minute of wrestling before.  Quite interesting to see it through the eyes of someone who has absolutely no idea who any of these people are, and are purely relying on the promo videos and match action.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/3/15147824/wrestlemania-33-recap-first-time-watching-wrestling-oh-my-good-lord

Probably the best review of the show I've read.

It also shows that many of the wrestlers are playing their characters perfectly if her reactions were anything to go by (loving AJ, hating Owens, thinking Charlotte is awesome, thinking Lesnar is an absolute animal).

Her analysis of each match was pretty spot on too. If even someone watching for the first time can tell that Wyatt/Orton was pretty dull and Taker/Reigns was an absolute shitshow with blown spots aplenty, and that the show was far too long (again), then you know there's an issue.

Or, if you're a conspiracy minded type, you can pick through certain words used and convince yourself that perhaps she knows wrestling all too well....

For example:

"It was delightful!"

"God's green Earth"

Knowing what a cork screw, a figure four and pedigree are

"..raw, universal reactions.."

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Or, if you're a conspiracy minded type, you can pick through certain words used and convince yourself that perhaps she knows wrestling all too well....

For example:

"It was delightful!"

"God's green Earth"

Knowing what a cork screw, a figure four and pedigree are

"..raw, universal reactions.."

Hmm...could be right, but stretching a bit with some of those.  Figure four did jump out to me, but did the commentators talk about that?  Similar with Pedigree, could've just been writing as they were talking.  

I'm in the "It's still real to me dammit" camp with this one.

Just now, forameus said:

Hmm...could be right, but stretching a bit with some of those.  Figure four did jump out to me, but did the commentators talk about that?  Similar with Pedigree, could've just been writing as they were talking.  

I'm in the "It's still real to me dammit" camp with this one.

Yeah, the commentators talked about those moves quite a bit.

Personally I don't believe it one bit (I mean my proposed conspiracy theory; I think it's legit).

Archived