Wrestlemania 33

gallusguy

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I've just re-watched the battle royal for PPV Predictions purposes, will there ever be a greater WrestleMania moment than the wee security wifey trying to get rid of Gronk?

I actually thought he was shooting at that point.  Obviously he wasn't, and it was clear that she wasn't really into her wrestling, and went into full on G4S mode.  Nae fuckers getting in on ma watch!

I fell asleep during AJ's entrance last night so I watched it today. The matches with AJ, Rollins, KO and of course the tag match were damn good. Like just about everyone else I was marking out when the Hardy boys appeared. I thought that segment was perfect with the new days who thing.

Now I've had time to reflect on Mania it was better than I thought when going to bed this morning. All the matches were great up until Rollins-Triple H. Well the mixed tag wasn't but I think we needed one match that wasn't too serious and intense. It was the last 4 matches that I was unhappy with last night but thinking again were they that bad?
The women's match was probably cut short due to overrunning, but it was the right result and gave Naomi her "Wrestlemania moment".
The Lesnar-Goldberg match was never going to be a classic but it was definitely a sprint and had a lot of action in the short few minutes it lasted.
And the Undertaker-Reigns match was a disaster, but almost fitted the story being told in the match. Undertaker looked gone after a few minutes and was all over the place but that was also his role in the fight. The old gunslinger trying to prove he's still the best, but finding out his best days are well behind him before admitting it's time to bow out. And his final scenes were really emotional.
It was the Orton-Wyatt fight that really annoyed me. The only positive was the cool projections onto the canvas, but even that should only have been done once. Orton didn't need that win, Wyatt did. His Wrestlemania record is atrocious and it's going to be hard to build him as a serious threat again. No doubt WWE will have him win the rematch and get the title back on Tuesday because, well, WWE logic.

The biggest issue with the Wyatt/Orton match, other than Boreton winning, was just how shit the ending to it was. It was so sudden and flat and the crowd just didn't care for it (neither did I). It sucked the life out of the crowd.

Don't agree that Naomi winning was the right result. She's pish (although she does seem to be pretty over).

Taker match was just sad. I think Reigns may have been genuinely disgusted by it. Hopefully he cuts a big heel promo tonight about retiring Taker. Instead we'll probably get Taker 'passing the torch'. Yawn.

Lesnar as champ bores me. He was shit last time when he held the belt.

Just started to watch it, about halfway through Shane and AJ, really quite impressed with Shane tbh.

Fair fucks to Shane pulling out a SSP.

Really enjoyed this Mania. Felt is was far better than the previous two years. Love reading all the smarks going mental at the smallest things after these events, some of these guys are so over the top it's hilarious.

AJ/ Shane, KO/Y2J and the Raw tag match were awesome, was jumping around my living room like a 10 year old for the Hardy return mouthing "Delete, Delete, Delete" trying to not wake up the kids.

Rollins/ HHH and Lesner/ Goldberg were good. Considering we all knew Goldberg could only go 5 minutes I think they got the absolute best out of it. I enjoyed it anyway.

Both women's matches were pish but again considering the shite build I didn't expect much so wasn't left disappointed.

Low points for me were Wyatt/ Orton and mixed tag. Don't know if they were running out of time or not but the finish to the first was really poor. I also don't think these two have any chemistry at all and that was obvious pre Orton joining the family, I just can't get myself into the fued and would've much preferred seeing Wyatt/ Harper for the title. The mixed tag was terrible, even with the awesome Miz bossing it and building the crowd into a frenzy. Can't stand Cena and him going over the Miz just makes no sense to me after the year he's had.

Enjoyed the Taker match even with all the botches. Made it seem more real that his time was up but some of it was difficult to watch especially the failed tombstone attempt. Was a sad ending with the retirement and strange for me since I've watched the dead man right through his career.

Overall I loved the good matches, wasn't left that disappointed by the shite ones and only two real disappointments. 7/10 Mania for me.

Love the Raw after Mania crows so just want to see a tribute to Taker tonight then hopefully a Nakamura debut on Tuesday followed by a DIY or Revival (Or both) debut on the same night. Smackdown really needs a couple of great tag teams right now.

Watching it back I still fair enjoyed it. Goldberg and Lesnar was a war as it always should have been and the botched helped tell the story of the main event. The only match that I found dull was the Wyatt - Orton match although the images beamed on the ring was cool. Still have absolutely no idea why Bayley didn't win the title at Mania though.

26 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Really enjoyed this Mania. Felt is was far better than the previous two years. Love reading all the smarks going mental at the smallest things after these events, some of these guys are so over the top it's hilarious.

It was far better than last year. Nowhere near as good as 31 though which was one of the best Manias in years.

Archived