Wrestlemania 33

gallusguy

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c9907f6e943182eed69ba60b800de9c4.jpg

This is the schedule so far. I'm not keen on seaworld and not fussed majorly by aquatica (not sure what it is) but the other guys I'm going with have booked it so I booked too.

I've heard that graffiti junction in downtown is a good place to start the night. Cheap drink and good food. Any other recommendation for places to drink/eat in Orlando?

It's totally skint me man. Last few months I've been missing nights out etc just to pay this all off. Drunken night sitting at the computer and seen a flight for half price to Orlando so booked it up. Then one of my mates pulled out of going so I jumped in with 2 other mates into their villa apartment.

Told myself WM30 was the once in a lifetime opportunity but this definitely will be the last time for me at mania I reckon. (Unless they ever have it in the uk)

If the expenses for that didn't kill me off then keeping that schedule definitely would. It'd fry my brain seeing that much wrestling in such a short space of time. You're crazy and fair play. I'd love to try it one year but I'd need to win the lottery (I haven't tried lottery since I was 16/17). 

Remember to do the PPV preview write up before you head out there!

2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

If the expenses for that didn't kill me off then keeping that schedule definitely would. It'd fry my brain seeing that much wrestling in such a short space of time. You're crazy and fair play. I'd love to try it one year but I'd need to win the lottery (I haven't tried lottery since I was 16/17). 

Remember to do the PPV preview write up before you head out there!

He should really be allowing us to watch all the other shows via periscope.

JamieStevenson would do that :whistle

Aye I just hope I don't get a bad hangover one of the days unless it's on the day if sea world.

I still think we are missing a few of the indie shows but I can't handle anymore. Just hope wrestlemania lives up to it. Match card needs to get set in stone asap.

What's the wrestlemania preview write up? I'm a newbie here mind :)

Don't want to steal your thunder either. You can go for it if it's your thing haha

Getting down to BG and back up to Orlando for the NBA is going to be a very hectic day.

Cracking schedule though, should maybe get an afternoon in the outlets in there for some waster sales.

Yeah I think we're swapping aquatica with BG that day or maybe it's seaworld infact. Tried getting somewhere closer to the basketball game. The schedule will end up out the window the first day I get a hangover.

Not any buzz around Mania in my friend group. Not that there was any last year either and a couple of them fell asleep on the couch before the main event. Weird because we've been enjoying the recent episodes of Raw and SmackDown but don't really care an awful lot about where it's all heading. Will still be watching it though as everyone tends to take the Monday off.

Also for the record I have no intention of starting a new thread as it'd just get merged and as of right now, no plan to make my usual post. We'll see how things progress, maybe once everything is announced it may be done.

Wasn't the build for 31 absolute pish and it ended up being not bad?  The last visual we got before it was Brock and Roman having a tug of war over the belt...ooft.  

I don't think it'll be bad, doubt it'll bother the best ones of all time though.  Once Cena proposes to Nikki it'll all be better though. 

I think this Mania should be decent. Some of the matches/proposed matches look good (although some look fucking shite!).

What I think is different is that it doesn't feel in any way special, it doesn't feel the culmination of long storylines, it doesn't feel like stars will be made, it doesn't feel like things will change hugely, and most of all it just doesn't feel all that important, or that anything of any importance will happen. In short it doesn't feel like a Mania. This might change in the run in, but at the moment it just feels like a Summerslam more than a Mania, i.e. big but not huge.

Mania 30 had the big culmination of Bryan's story and the Streak being broken, supported by a brilliant undercard, and Mania 31 had HHH/Sting and what turned out to be a cracking main event with a great finish. Mania 32 was fucking hideous, one of the worst and most boring ever. This year surely can't be as bad in the ring, but it looks to be meaning as little as 32 did.

I'll still be watching it obviously. @Chicken Wing, what are the plans?

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think this Mania should be decent. Some of the matches/proposed matches look good (although some look fucking shite!).

What I think is different is that it doesn't feel in any way special, it doesn't feel the culmination of long storylines, it doesn't feel like stars will be made, it doesn't feel like things will change hugely, and most of all it just doesn't feel all that important, or that anything of any importance will happen. In short it doesn't feel like a Mania. This might change in the run in, but at the moment it just feels like a Summerslam more than a Mania, i.e. big but not huge.

Mania 30 had the big culmination of Bryan's story and the Streak being broken, supported by a brilliant undercard, and Mania 31 had HHH/Sting and what turned out to be a cracking main event with a great finish. Mania 32 was fucking hideous, one of the worst and most boring ever. This year surely can't be as bad in the ring, but it looks to be meaning as little as 32 did.

I'll still be watching it obviously. @Chicken Wing, what are the plans?

To be fair though for 30, it did end up having the streak being broken, but you didn't know that before it started.  I get your point though, there isn't really anything special like that that could potentially happen.

32 was...different.  It was the first one I'd watched with mates thanks to everyone being at opposite ends of the country, so I wasn't quite as annoyed as I would've been had I stayed up and watched it on my own.  Culminating in sitting there at what was about 5am (it ran waaaay over) praying for something - anything - to happen in the main event that we didn't expect.  But naw, Reigns just won.  Shite.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

Wasn't the build for 31 absolute pish and it ended up being not bad?  The last visual we got before it was Brock and Roman having a tug of war over the belt...ooft.  

I don't think it'll be bad, doubt it'll bother the best ones of all time though.  Once Cena proposes to Nikki it'll all be better though. 

31 had a pretty decent card though which, while the build was shite, had enough there to make me want to watch. The card for this is likely to be shite. I don't really care about the build for a show when it comes to watching a PPV. Obviously it effects watching week to week TV but if you put a good wrestling card on PPV, shite build or not, I'll likely watch.

Archived