Dotting

On 24/02/2017 at 10:17, Div said:

I find it amazing that we're having to do this but grown adults are actually getting extremely agitated about the award of red and green dots for posts on the site. Really incredible stuff. I'm perplexed by it all to be honest but users are now being banned and we've a 50 page thread on the subject so clearly it does matter, a lot, to some members!

So, for the time being at least we have removed the negative rep system. You can still give positive rep to a post but no longer negative.

Maybe that will sort the situation out, maybe it won't, but f**k me, this is supposed to be fun.

See if I get really agitated about not being able to see who gave me a green dot, will you pander to me and change it back?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Am I the only c**t that doesn't have the app?

I think it's a ruse. I tried the app and you don't see any rep at all and can only give it likes.

40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Am I the only c**t that doesn't have the app?

dont have it either, mobile site is handy enough imo

as for the dotting system, 99.99% of the users on here treated it as it was, a system to simply say you liked or disliked a post without quoting it etc etc

however the other 0.01% are/were absolute howlers that seriosuly need a look at themselves and their lives if a fucking red dot online annoys them that much

When you tap top right and go to notifications? Just getting "check back later for new posts in your subscribed discussions".

Check your settings. Then log out and back in.

This is an overreaction.  The dotting system works well.  A few posters abuse(d) it but the problem lies with them rather than the system.  Ergo, change the posters rather than the system.

For most of us it was quite funny/useful/informative to see who gave us green/red for a comment and I think it's tragic we change a good system because of the banned wee Aberdeen fanny.

Edit:  Making 'dots' anonymous is pointless.  Either remove the system altogether or get back to where we were last week.

I've actually no way of preventing the app from showing who gave reps so seems moot to have it switched off on desktop.

So, you can now again see who has given you rep on any post.

ps; Anyone who red dots this post is a cockwomble

15 minutes ago, Div said:

I've actually no way of preventing the app from showing who gave reps so seems moot to have it switched off on desktop.

So, you can now again see who has given you rep on any post.

ps; Anyone who red dots this post is a cockwomble

Can you see who gives you red dots?

Archived