I actually think its foolish from a marketing perspective to have team names sound like European team names.  It may satisfy the hardcore soccer fans but there is something uniquely North American about team names they should pursue to try to market to the casual fans who like things to be more American and there is nothing more American than naming your sports team after a fierce animal or some other unique local feature

Anyone offering odds on Atlanta not to qualify for the end of season play offs? They are an absolute gang having not replaced any of Leandro Perez, Nagbe, Gressel or brought in another striker for Martinez. They’ve replaced them with shite like Peza and Hyndman and it shows. 

3 minutes ago, thekorean said:

FC Cincinnati definitely showing improvements under Stam.

Looking better, I think the standard over this "tournament" has been pretty poor. Minnesota should win well next. I think Danny Wilson got sent off last game, might be wrong. I like seeing how Scottish boys do in the league. 

On 22/07/2020 at 18:33, Karpaty Lviv said:

Anyone offering odds on Atlanta not to qualify for the end of season play offs? They are an absolute gang having not replaced any of Leandro Perez, Nagbe, Gressel or brought in another striker for Martinez. They’ve replaced them with shite like Peza and Hyndman and it shows. 

Atlanta United, Frank de Boer mutually agree to part ways. 

On 23/07/2020 at 05:09, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Call the game soccer then name the team’s football club.

I think they do that for emphasis, try to show that they are proper fans, like the Europeans. The same mindset that has seen them move away from the Americanised names in favour of tedious generic City, FC and United.

It's a load of bollocks, though, I suppose, we do the same in reverse. British American football or ice hockey teams will all be called Pirates, Bears, Lions, etc, rather than, say, Rovers or Town.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, Karpaty Lviv said:

Ex Aberdeen and Hibs player Stephen Glass named interim manager 😂

Coach of their USL team so it makes sense for now while they look for their permanent hire. The season is a write off at this point.

• 2 weeks later...