that is a very decent goal - top drawer; tell you what else - the LA fans are making the efforts of Brighton's North Stand in their "big local derby" yesterday look even more fucking shameful than initially seemed to be the case: happy to admit that Sunday night MLS games after a few glasses of red could become a fixture - entertaining stuff

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

that is a very decent goal - top drawer; tell you what else - the LA fans are making the efforts of Brighton's North Stand in their "big local derby" yesterday look even more fucking shameful than initially seemed to be the case: happy to admit that Sunday night MLS games after a few glasses of red could become a fixture - entertaining stuff

I started watching MLS season before last after noticing a couple of games were on Sky at the weekends. It’s great entertainment, no one knows how to defend and the majority of the teams can beat anyone.

The play offs are incredibly exciting to watch, especially since they changed the format to one leg only. 

2 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Tony Pulis doesn’t know anything about the MLS or any of the players. How the f**k did he get this job?

I've got an ESPN feed with Jon Champion commentating alongside a US presenter - gotta be better than Pulis

https://daddylive.live/channels/ace13.php

Tony Pulis doesn’t know anything about the MLS or any of the players. How the f**k did he get this job?
I watched Columbus Crew game earlier which had an American female co commentator with the most annoying voice in christendom....grrrrr[emoji35]

The MLS is in interesting league it's like watching a bottom half Scottish Premiership side or maybe even a top Championship side, with one or two "star" players. I'm pretty sure that any top six side in the Premiership would be fairly comfortable in the league.

I notice that this season, because of the expansion the MLS sides don't all play each other, but play some teams twice. Some mental stuff right there, as soon as they get to 30 clubs they need to introduce Promotion/relegation.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I watched Columbus Crew game earlier which had an American female co commentator with the most annoying voice in christendom....grrrrremoji35.png

Gary Weaver as well on comms. Remember him on St Mirren vs Aberdeen earlier in the season. Brutal. They should have just taken the World Feed as Freesports do.

I started watching MLS season before last after noticing a couple of games were on Sky at the weekends. It’s great entertainment, no one knows how to defend and the majority of the teams can beat anyone.
The play offs are incredibly exciting to watch, especially since they changed the format to one leg only. 

I’ve been watching MLS for a good few seasons now, the standard has improved steadily and there’s been plenty entertaining games. The 2019 play offs were a great watch.

Lewis Morgan flitted in and out of the game, had a few decent touches, never influenced the game though,  and was substituted.* Still. 23 years old, has scored himself a three-year deal with a Beckham-owned team in a part of the USA I have been lucky enough to visit five or six times, and he’s moving into a beachfront pad in Fort Lauderdale. Well played son, well played indeed. Beats going to Cappielow on a Tuesday in February.

*the lad’s post-St Mirren career in one sentence.

I watched some of the Nashville - Atlanta game on Saturday night, but on my tablet with the sound off, I shook my head and laughed at the "pub league" reffing when the Nashville keeper handled the ball outside of his box and only got a yellow, but fair play to the MLS for explaining it for idiots like me, be nice if other leagues did this 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/01/pro-explains-why-joe-willis-hand-ball-nashville-did-not-warrant-red-card

The 2020 CONCACAF Champions League is looking a bit shit now it's into the quarters, apart from Montreal v Olimpia of Honduras, its all US v Mexican teams. 

On 02/03/2020 at 10:29, Torpar said:

I watched some of the Nashville - Atlanta game on Saturday night, but on my tablet with the sound off, I shook my head and laughed at the "pub league" reffing when the Nashville keeper handled the ball outside of his box and only got a yellow, but fair play to the MLS for explaining it for idiots like me, be nice if other leagues did this 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/01/pro-explains-why-joe-willis-hand-ball-nashville-did-not-warrant-red-card

The 2020 CONCACAF Champions League is looking a bit shit now it's into the quarters, apart from Montreal v Olimpia of Honduras, its all US v Mexican teams. 

Would be nice if we can beat our neighbor to the south every now and then. 

Also, not directly MLS related but Tim Howard unretired and will suit up for club which he owns a share in, Memphis 901 FC.