47 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thierry Henry is the new head coach of Montreal Impact in MLS

See how he gets on

This seems to be an appointment made more for marketing reasons than footballing reasons but I hope I am wrong on that front and Henry is a success for Montreal

I am not going to get my hopes up though

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

This seems to be an appointment made more for marketing reasons than footballing reasons but I hope I am wrong on that front and Henry is a success for Montreal

I am not going to get my hopes up though

It’s a gamble worth taking. 

FFS. I chose Montreal Impact as "my" team in MLS but I fucking hate that bellend Henry. ☹️

Edit: have checked my Fotmob favourites and it's actually Vancouver that I chose to follow. I'm clearly not a very good fan if can't even remember which team I support... 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Why AC Milan Milan are willing to sell Ibrahimovic?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic needs no introduction. He’s a divisive character with his brash persona, boundless arrogance and massive ego. But Zlatan Ibrahimovic delivers on the pitch. 
A serial winner with 31 trophies, with goals in Holland, Italy, Spain, France, England and America, he is a modern day footballing legend. 

The Swede has now ended his time in the US. 53 goals and 14 assists in 58 games for LA Galaxy, Zlatan defies logic. 

4ee178353527d638c719d5b213bec589a40cecac

• 2 weeks later...

First time I’ve properly looked at the squads since the Expansion Draft. Nashville look a very decent squad on paper, a mix of experienced MLS players, top young USL players and some experienced internationalists coming in. At the moment Miami look like a USL side.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Cavani in the MLS soon. He’s not really a main player for PSG anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ottawa's getting a pro team again as team as Atletico Ottawa has been announced as an expansion team in the Canadian Premier League. As the name implies club is owned by Atletico Madrid & is 2nd time a Spanish side has had a pro team in North America after Rayo Vallecano's shortlived Rayo OKC.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Ottawa's getting a pro team again as team as Atletico Ottawa has been announced as an expansion team in the Canadian Premier League. As the name implies club is owned by Atletico Madrid & is 2nd time a Spanish side has had a pro team in North America after Rayo Vallecano's shortlived Rayo OKC.

I'm really excited about this, I was disapointed when the Fury decided to fold so I am really glad to have pro football to watch again this summer.  Looking forward to seeing the colours and ticket pricing structure, may just get season tickets if they are decently priced

• 1 month later...

25 minutes in to the LAFC v Miami game and surprisingly non-eye bleeding fare; looks like a championship play-off game or a fraught local derby to me - pretty frantic, and no-one taking any time on the ball at all with the ever-present potential for a catastrophic error; decent, watchable stuff...