SKC vs RSL last Sunday was a terrific watch. Some hilarious defending but gripping stuff. This is my first season watching the MLS and it’s great entertainment. 

Certainly would love to attend a game over there. Atlanta top of the list.

Just now, Karpaty said:

Some bend on that! Should be done and dusted barring a mad second leg collapse. 

That should seal the deal and see Atlanta in the final and hosting it too in a couple weeks time. Poor defending from NYRB tonight with the game being wide open near the end I mean no one came out to press Villalba on the 3rd but as you said what a bend he got on that ball. Been a good season and a very impressive 2018 for NYRB but they’ve got a lot to do on Thursday in the return leg. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Over 30 minutes to go but looks like Atlanta United’s title as they lead 2-0. Not bad for only their 2nd season in. Won’t be surprised if they end up scoring 3 or 4.

If they hold the lead which they will then they are worthy champions who’ve been a joy to watch all season. A mention to the home fans too who I think for 9 home games in a row seen 70,000+ fans come out and watch there team and also tonight breaking the attendance record in an MLS Cup Final.  Be intriguing to see how they do next season when Martinez, Almiron and Tata all leave the club. 

There is no thread for the USL so I'll post this hear but CONCACAF is really out-doing themselves in terms of political shitebaggery.  The back story is that there is a new Canadian Premier League being started but my local team, the Ottawa Fury have decided to stay in their existing league (which is more established and at a higher standard) for at least a year or two to see how the new league goes.  Nobody objected to this and they continued their plan for the next season, signing players for the USL etc...

Then last night  CONCACAF sent a letter saying they will block Ottawa from playing in the USL. 

CONCACAF's president was one of the main promoters of the Canadian Premier League..

https://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news_article/show/976824

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can see MLS/La Liga MX joining up to create a CONCACAF league one of these days with a few token Canadian/Caribbean/Central American teams thrown in

I don't think that will happen.  Due to the centralized nature of the MLS I can't see a scenerio where they would merge with Liga MX.  The best that would happen would be a beefed up CONCACAF champions league

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I don't think that will happen.  Due to the centralized nature of the MLS I can't see a scenerio where they would merge with Liga MX.  The best that would happen would be a beefed up CONCACAF champions league

Liga MX President was bigging up the idea using the 2026 World Cup as a springboard. A lot of negotiations would be needed, so that time frame might be pushing it, but money talks and it could end up being on a par with the big European leagues.

"It's a possibility, a North American league," Bonilla told reporters at the Leaders summit at Chelsea's Stamford Bridge stadium, as quoted in the report. "We have to determine how and see the pros and cons, but I think that's a way to grow and to compete again.

"If we can make a World Cup then we can make a North American league or a North American cup. The main idea is that we have to grow together to compete. If not, there is only going to be the rich guys in Europe and the rest of the world.

"We think this opportunity with the World Cup in 2026 opens the door for us to make a lot of things different and better."