Razor Blades

15 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Usually get these

0175589_l.jpg

£3.50 at Tesco

Same.  They do the job nicely.  None of this £15 quid for a razor then another £12 for blades all the time.  These beauties are more than capable.  And they don't rip my face apart.  Think the ones I have even have swivel heads on them.  Fairly advanced for disposables.

Edit - These are the lads I get - 

extreme3_black_icons.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went back to whatever disposable mutli blades were on offer whenever I need to buy due to my senility costing me a fortune.

I could never remember which type of handle I had and would often buy the wrong attachable heads, ended with more handles and heads than Triggers Broom,

but none of them matched or worked.

23 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

f**k buying razor blades. Electric razors all the way. I've never understood why people spend so much money on razor blades when you can buy an electric one that will last you for years and years.

I always think electric razors were really made for either  pubescent guys or those who can only grow bumfluff not for us red blooded alpha males who have stubble like a wire brush 

23 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yep,one slip or stumble when the blades in the wrong place and then that's the end of you. Claret everywhere.

So what you are saying is don't shave while traversing the Aonach Eagach in winter conditions.

I've not shaved in 12 years so I'm not sure I could even do it now.  I'd be like a wee 16 year old laddie skulking out the bathroom with 14 pieces of toilet paper stuck to his face.

So what you are saying is don't shave while traversing the Aonach Eagach in winter conditions.
I've not shaved in 12 years so I'm not sure I could even do it now.  I'd be like a wee 16 year old laddie skulking out the bathroom with 14 pieces of toilet paper stuck to his face.

You'll be amazed. Shave now and it'll be the best, cleanest shave you've ever had. (Take the trimmer over it first though) because your skin has had so much time to itself it'll be far less raw.

It will be a cracking shave. But your face will look like a skelped erse until it grows back in. I do however thoroughly recommend it at least twice a year. unless you're on some mad 'I'm no shaving again ever' trip.

48 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

What I meant was he could have slipped on a bar of soap on the bathroom floor and sliced his jugular vein. Thank you.

Every so often I get outraged at the price of Mach 3s and try something else. I've got umpteen disposables, a fusion thing, a cut-throat, a safety razor (with badger brush and all the gubbins), an electric razor and my Mach 3. It's always the same, I try something different, persuade myself it's better, realise after a month it's shite and go back to my Mach 3. The safety razor, cut-throat and gubbins probably cost me over £100. The electric razor was over £100. Mach 3 blades are about £2 each but last a month so that £200 could have got me over eight years of decent shaves with no cuts, slashes or razor burn.

Gillette Fusion Proglide shave gel and Bik extra 3 aloe 4 pack. Both in poundworld at the moment so £2 for a couple of months shaving. (Probably about £6ish in Tesco) For me it's more about the gel/foam and if it's good then a cheaper disposable blade is fine.

4 minutes ago, blueone said:

I have ordered this razor and 13 blades for £14.99. Add some gel or a disposable to take over £15 and get a free nail clippers. Free postage as well.

Haven't arrived yet so don't know how good they are.

Aye it's no bad, the blades seem to last longer than the Gillette ones and the front bit flips up so it's easier to get under your beak and other places...

No doubting that Gillette make superb products. It's just that it now costs a kidney if you use them daily. 

After seeing them on here I've given Cornerstone a try this week. So far so good. The blades take a wee bit getting use to but its a close shave. Need to see how long they stay sharp for and I miss the single back blade Gillette have for under nose and sidies. Impressed so far though.  

Archived