Razor Blades

I'm becoming increasingly pissed off at the price of razor blades and feel we're being completely ripped off.

I just paid £8.00 for a pack of 4 Gillette Mach3 blades , which probably cost pennies to produce.I also saw dime other Gillette multi-blades, Aloe infused, super glide fuckers,that were £15.00 for 4 !

Any P&Ber' suggest any good blade alternatives which give a decent shave without cutting your face to bits?

Maybe we should al grow beards and boycott the b*****ds 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

I'm becoming increasingly pissed off at the price of razor blades and feel we're being completely ripped off.

I just paid £8.00 for a pack of 4 Gillette Mach3 blades , which probably cost pennies to produce.I also saw dime other Gillette multi-blades, Aloe infused, super glide fuckers,that were £15.00 for 4 !

Any P&Ber' suggest any good blade alternatives which give a decent shave without cutting your face to bits?

Those Mach 3 are good but I agree - the price is painful. I've got a cuthroat razor too. It's not very good but it's more exciting than the modern razors. 

1 minute ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I've gone from Gillette Fusion Proglide, ridiculously expensive, to cheaper than chips Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Sensitive disposables. Much prefer the shave and they last longer.

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Totally agree! I fucking despise buying razor blades because of their hefty pricetag. I've got sensitive skin so I use the Gillette Fusion Power blades as they give me a smoother shave but £15 for 4.is a complete ripoff.

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Totally agree! I fucking despise buying razor blades because of their hefty pricetag. I've got sensitive skin so I use the Gillette Fusion Power blades as they give me a smoother shave but £15 for 4.is a complete ripoff.

I recommend trying the ones in my post above, pain free shave compared to the Gillette Fusion.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I recommend trying the ones in my post above, pain free shave compared to the Gillette Fusion.

Cheers! I might do that.The Gillette Fusion Proglide Power has given by far the best shave from the ones I've tried but I don't think I've tested they ones.

1 minute ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Cheers! I might do that.The Gillette Fusion Proglide Power has given by far the best shave from the ones I've tried but I don't think I've tested they ones.

They're about £1.50 for a pack of 4 so no loss if you don't like them.

18 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Cheers. I'd imagine you'll get a couple of blades free with the razor so worth a go at least.

They're disposable, they don't sell separate blades. I used to think the Gillettes were great too, but recently it felt as so they were pulling the hairs out rather than cutting them. Just occurred to me that I got my last blades very cheap off the internet so maybe they're crappy knock offs.

f**k shaving with a razor. Haven't done it since probably 2010. Use an electronic one, and since about December 2014 have just used a trimmer to keep my fine facial fuzz from getting too wild. Due a wee trim now I think but can't really be arsed

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're disposable, they don't sell separate blades. I used to think the Gillettes were great too, but recently it felt as so they were pulling the hairs out rather than cutting them. Just occurred to me that I got my last blades very cheap off the internet so maybe they're crappy knock offs.

Ah right, got ye. I thought it was only the blade that you dispose of. I've tried the manual Gillette Proglide blades but I thought they were shit compared to the power blades 

9 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Ah right, got ye. I thought it was only the blade that you dispose of. I've tried the manual Gillette Proglide blades but I thought they were shit compared to the power blades 

You've lost me now, try the Wilkinson Sword Extreme 3 disposables if you happen to see them while you're shopping, but make sure they're the sensitive ones.

I just use the shitey disposables out Tesco. Not the very cheapest ones, but the ones with the wee strip, do the job with shaving gel rather than foam.

My girlfriend had me on some subscription jobbies for a bit and never thought much of them. Clogged up and were blunt after at most two uses.

I've gone from Gillette Fusion Proglide, ridiculously expensive, to cheaper than chips Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Sensitive disposables. Much prefer the shave and they last longer.

What are you paying for them? Boots have them as £8 for 3.

http://www.boots.com/wilkinson-sword-xtreme-3-disposable-razors-sensitive-8-pack-10017592

Archived