Berwick City vs. Elgin Rangers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hadn't been one for about 3 months so the issue looked resolved. Two in the last two weeks, neither of which were justified. Still, don't let that distract from your desperate attempts to cause a fuss over nothing.

Today's was. And a red means missing matches but don't let that get in the way of you being a dick as per.

31 minutes ago, tescodave said:

Today's was. And a red means missing matches but don't let that get in the way of you being a dick as per.

Is there something about Scottish Referees having a 'We dont give penalties to Berwick under any circumstances' thing! A few weeks ago Rutherford gets halved in box,  then at Stirling Murrell gets pulled back by the shirt inside six yard box and today it's Thomson's turn to get poleaxed in box! As for McKenna's two yellow cards I ask you? I agree he has deserved to have been sent off this season in earlier games but today was a joke. If anything it was Elgin full back who should have walked. It will be interesting to hear any comments on the website from Berwick boss! Hold on, I have just seen it on Berwick's twitter!

Ultimately a disappointing result, but very little between the teams today. It was a bit worrying how "functional" we looked at times - not a lot of creativity, but that's the price you pay with Cough at times I suppose. Aside from the questionable signings of Kessels and Donkor, his January recruits have all added a solidity to our play, with MotM captain fantastic Scullion epitomising this. Another disappointing sending off for McKenna who had looked as though he was beginning to curb his disciplinary issues.

A late play-off push certainly isn't entirely out of question, but the lack of creativity will see us come up a bit short I think. Outside of Thomson, we don't really have anyone else capable of making something happen out of very little.

Supporting the Gers for most of my 50 years, the pitch is as bad as I can remember. For the good football we are currently attempting to play, the pitch is bobbly and rutted and needs a bloody good roller. Who does the groundwork these days?
A shame to see another stupid red card. Most of what happens is borne of frustration. The team and fans deserve better. But unless someone has a chat to McKenna and calms him down when he gets annoyed, a strong captain/sensible manager/himself it will keep happening. We also need a centre forward. All that good approach work and crossing needs a forward on the end of it. Other than that roll the grass and play it in to feet! More optimistic though, the last time we played this lot we looked shambolic.

Was quite pleased with yesterday's performance. You certainly couldn't fault the effort or desire and it was good to see the likes of Scullion constantly trying to gee the side up.

One thing I'd like to see changed is the corner taker though. Every Lavery ball yesterday was a wasted opportunity.

Supporting the Gers for most of my 50 years, the pitch is as bad as I can remember. For the good football we are currently attempting to play, the pitch is bobbly and rutted and needs a bloody good roller. Who does the groundwork these days

Agree the pitch has been an absolute shambles in recent weeks. Think we're seeing the results of a surface that has had so many temporary fixes that it's now fucked.

Yep, looked like a penalty for Berwick, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Elgin goal ruled out for a foul on the keeper.
The boy Scullion was very impressive for Berwick. Proper leader and almost single-handedly produced the equaliser in the last few minutes. I was impressed with the No.9's pace, too - could give Gunny a run (pun intended) for his money.

Highlights show you're talking out your arse. Being dragged to the floor by your neck isn't a bookable offence.

Retaliation is. It's a bit of afters he gets booked for. Take the blinkers off. Could easily been a straight red for his second yellow too. You'd get time for doing that on the terracing.

Archived