Berwick City vs. Elgin Rangers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Who cares? 3 pts are 3pts.  Gonna be a BIG game against Arbroath next week.

Avoid Defeat on Tuesday and we'll be in position to move into 2nd with a win over Arbroath. Forfar looking a little more catchable now too

What a farce that was! That little chunt of a ref couldn't supervise a wet fart! How that little weasel still has a ref's ticket is beyond me. He consistently spoils games season after season. 

Well done the Berwick players for giving it their all in such very difficult conditions.

Pretty awful game on a difficult pitch. Both sides' fans seem to agree the ref was awful - his decision to disallow a perfectly good Darryl McHardy goal epitomised a poor performance. Well done Elgin for grinding out a win. BBC's "Scullion o.g." looked like a Chris McLeish header to me - am I wrong?

Agree it looked like McLeish's header for the goal. Not a pretty game to watch but a great 3 points away from home. McHardy's header was a cracker too. Thought Cooper was lucky to stay on after the brawl near the end.

Congrats go to Elgin and its fans. Hard result to take for us coming off the high induced by the Forfar match, but we knew this game was going to be just as tough (the ref being so bad came as a surprise tho, but I can't judge as I wasn't present).

Stirling coming awfully close again now, and with them playing Cowden next, Edinburgh City is a must win for Berwick.

Don't think it was boring at all! OK, not many saves or shots on target, but some great battling and approach play from Berwick. 

Would be very pleased to get away with 3 points from that if I were an Elgin fan. Berwick were the better team, but Elgin certainly defended well. 

Ref Colin Steven is beyond shite. 

Perhaps because Elgin have the 2nd best defensive record in the Division?

Notty had a good game today - him Lav and  Tommo absolutely dominated possession in the 2nd half - the highest scorers in the league barely got a look in.

I do get that we are more defensively minded with Notman in the team. He's a defensive midfielder after all. But our defence has been so shit this season he is needed to reinforce them. 

It appears that nobody is counting. Except the authorities.

There hadn't been one for about 3 months so the issue looked resolved. Two in the last two weeks, neither of which were justified. Still, don't let that distract from your desperate attempts to cause a fuss over nothing.

Archived