Horizon Zero Dawn

Fide

On 16/08/2017 at 16:01, NorthernLights said:

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!  

I went through my auto-saves and it looked like most of them were from the Cauldron and I was at level 11 or 12 experience.  Got down to the bottom and it went from level 11 in my second last save to level 5 in the last one.  Thankfully the second last one was before I went into that Cauldron so I've been able to save the majority of my progress.  Just need to work out how to get the upgrades necessary to deal heavier damage now.

I went back to this game 4 years later. I actually have it on PC now as I have a better setup for gaming on my PC v my PS4.

I'm quite far on now and I'm really enjoying the game. It is one of these games where I find the lore fascinating and I actually enjoy collecting all the wee notes and audio segments.

I've definitely learnt from my earlier attempts at the game. I'm armed to the teeth now and at level 58 in terms of experience. That part I got stuck on in the cauldren I was being annihilated by a single fire bellowback. Yesterday evening when I was playing I came across a fire and a frozen bellowback and a couple of sawtooths and destroyed them without much effort.

Its not long until Forbidden West is released, looks like I might need to dust off the PS4 to play it as I imagine any PC port won't be for a while yet.

• 1 month later...

Stalkers were the worst to deal with. Particularly when you first encounter them.

I liked HZD a lot. The story didn't draw me in at the start but it grew on me.

The combat was awesome though. Taking down Thunderjaws became great fun. Stormbirds less so. 

The Frozen Wilds expansion was good too. 

• 2 weeks later...

So who’s got involved in the new edition? I took the plunge and sunk about 2-3 hours into it last night, completing the interlude. Looks stunning on the PS5 and plays very similar to before which is ideal. Only difference I’ve encountered is there are more skill trees to complete and climbing seems a bit less restricted. Encountered some new machines which brought back a lot of fond memories, and the story has potential.

I would suggest that if you haven’t played the first one, then the story will sound a bit mad and you might struggle to engage with it.

Raring to go further.

I’ve only played about 15-16 hours and sitting at level 18. Pretty much just been exploring and getting sidetracked at all the side quests and errands. Last main mission i finished was finding Gaia so hopefully still loads to do. Unable to whizz through it due to 1 year old commitments but thoroughly enjoying the time I do get. Glider is a brilliant addition.