Jump to content

Recommended Posts

These are terrific snaps - I love the rainbow/Torridon one.  Out of interest, do you camp out or stay in hotels/B&Bs?


Cheers

It varies tbh. If I've got my other half with me we'll stay in a self catering cottage for a week. Otherwise it's camps if I intend to kip on or near a mountain, or hostels/bunkhouses.

Torridon was excellent though, we booked out my climbing club's cottage. Worked out at 43 quid each for 7 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

 


Cheers

It varies tbh. If I've got my other half with me we'll stay in a self catering cottage for a week. Otherwise it's camps if I intend to kip on or near a mountain, or hostels/bunkhouses.

Torridon was excellent though, we booked out my climbing club's cottage. Worked out at 43 quid each for 7 days emoji38.png

 

It's been a couple of decades since I've been to Torridon...but it's simply majestic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's been a couple of decades since I've been to Torridon...but it's simply majestic.

I love the place and hope to live there eventually. There's a really chilled out vibe around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2017 at 20:23, Mackie The Staggie said:

Very nice @Stevo Fife, especially the last 3.

Some of my action over the past month or so.

1. Alness Utd vs Orkney

33104137323_c13dec6329_z.jpg

2. Alness Utd vs Orkney

33916968255_61980b3c02_z.jpg

3. Jock MacKay Cup Final

34056969365_cd51707a70_z.jpg

4. Jock MacKay Cup Final

33214680434_c179fdbe74_z.jpg

5. Speyside Rally Stage

33361787034_90478d86cd_z.jpg

6. Speyside Rally Stage

34163582266_468f588ecc_z.jpg
 

Cheers mate. Light has been challenging so far this year so trying to choose the "going out" days wisely:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few pics from out and about up Kinnordy & Sheriffmuir. Highlights were the Weasel Kitts & Tawny Owl chick.

_SDJ9418-Edit.jpg

_SDJ9526.jpg

_SDJ9658.jpg

_SDJ9691.jpg

_SDJ9802.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Few pics from out and about up Kinnordy & Sheriffmuir. Highlights were the Weasel Kitts & Tawny Owl chick.

_SDJ9691.jpg

_SDJ9802.jpg

These two are my favourite and the 'Tawny Owl chick' is magnificent.  How long did it take you to get that shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Kincardine said:

These two are my favourite and the 'Tawny Owl chick' is magnificent.  How long did it take you to get that shot?

About 2 minutes mate. Just walking very slowly and came across it by sheer luck. Poor thing was knackered with the heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

About 2 minutes mate. Just walking very slowly and came across it by sheer luck. Poor thing was knackered with the heat.

It's a terrific pic and "Baby owl overcome by heatstroke in Scotland" would be a fitting strap-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's a terrific pic and "Baby owl overcome by heatstroke in Scotland" would be a fitting strap-line.

Cheers:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wee walk in the woods tonight and came across this...

_SDJ0043.jpg

_SDJ0054.jpg

_SDJ0062.jpg

_SDJ0084.jpg

_SDJ0141.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fucking amazing.

Cheers bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few photos from a recent trip down to Chester Zoo.

DSC00488.thumb.JPG.7048513c76974292d7a30141ce31159c.JPG

DSC00350.thumb.JPG.f71a28e175e28a8e0731b1a32eba937d.JPG

DSC00680.thumb.JPG.272e498678180b521fa129d962b4745a.JPG

DSC00673.thumb.JPG.30b93900c4f53224216ac3685d7d80db.JPG

DSC00398.thumb.JPG.c920a4b21682888525aaf706a5ada6d5.JPG

DSC00473.thumb.JPG.e99bc3dc7145d268f089e1d1399be890.JPG

DSC00703.thumb.JPG.c49016bfc38726db37bfd115fb332ef0.JPG

DSC00301.thumb.JPG.4c6b095f234ce44a49e5c6c2668947a3.JPG

 

 

Edited by spud131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2017 at 23:46, Stevo Fife said:

Cheers bud.

Brilliant snaps, buddy but for the non Bill Oddies what is it?  I'm guessing a woodpecker but what type?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Brilliant snaps, buddy but for the non Bill Oddies what is it?  I'm guessing a woodpecker but what type?

A Great Spotted Woodpecker & it's youngster who has still fledge.

Edited by Stevo Fife
add word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Do we need an enigma machine to see them Spud?:P

Looks perfect to me - though I do think one snap of a stop sign would've been plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Looks perfect to me - though I do think one snap of a stop sign would've been plenty.

Can you see Spuds photos? I'm just getting numbers/digits.

 

Or maybe I'm wooshed:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Can you see Spuds photos? I'm just getting numbers/digits.

 

Or maybe I'm wooshed:lol:

Wooshed I'm afraid.  I was going to edit it to read "one B&W snap of a stop sign" but you were too quick.  Loved the woodpecker snaps.  When we lived near Banchory I'd often hear a woody when I collected the weans from the school bus but never managed to see the fucker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wooshed I'm afraid.  I was going to edit it to read "one B&W snap of a stop sign" but you were too quick.  Loved the woodpecker snaps.  When we lived near Banchory I'd often hear a woody when I collected the weans from the school bus but never managed to see the fucker.

First woosh in ages!

Aye, cool wee birds although very aggressive fuckers.

Here's a wee Swallow from this morning. Light was guff so could have been sharper but got pretty close anyway.

_SDJ0446-Edit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...