The Photography Thread

3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I'm so disappointed the Loch of the Lowes nesting never materialised this year, as i would have ventured up again.

Fantastic photos, sir.   Chapeau

Huge problem this year with regular Osprey nesting sites producing nothing. Various theories going round as to why, but I'd put it down to either a hard winter or issues prior to migration. Bit of a mystery tbh.

I'm off to Keswick for a night a week on Thursday. Cannot fucking wait, as the scenery in the lakes area is superb, as is the wildlife. I've already had the heads up as where to see buzzards, kestrels, ospreys, red squirrels, kingfishers, otters, woodpeckers, cuckoos, to name but a few. Knowing my luck, the c***s will all be fucking hiding 😂😂

13 hours ago, philpy said:

I'm off to Keswick for a night a week on Thursday. Cannot fucking wait, as the scenery in the lakes area is superb, as is the wildlife. I've already had the heads up as where to see buzzards, kestrels, ospreys, red squirrels, kingfishers, otters, woodpeckers, cuckoos, to name but a few. Knowing my luck, the c***s will all be fucking hiding 😂😂

You can see most of these within a mile or two of your hoose though 😂
Love the Lakes though, although it's heaving even in winter nowadays. The western bits are quieter.

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Better birds than Lithgae?

Erm.... 

They are much nicer people.

23 minutes ago, expatowner said:

IMG_1595321416.608549.jpgIMG_1595321572.674880.jpg

Found these ugly specimens washed up on the beach near Cape Reinga in New Zealand after a big storm. There were many others.

WTF are those?

For the first time since Feb, I managed to get out with the camera and took in some Full Metal Racing in Golspie.  Ahhh, the smell of petrol and 2-stroke oil, there is truly nothing better,

There where more misses than hits today, my technique was very rusty.

50155975681_d904b2b41f_c.jpg

50155983551_d559ecb381_c.jpg

50156185422_b60ae62d94_c.jpg

Edited by Mackie The Staggie