The Photography Thread

Stevo did you pay for the use of a hide for the Osprey shots? If you did, how would you rate the whole experience? I’ve been thinking about going to a hide to do something like this one day but the prices are usually huge and I feel like I can’t justify it. I’d quite like to buy a camo tent hide though and find my own site with a species of interest on it - or even bait a site and get some shots of a buzzard feeding in a field or something.

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Stevo did you pay for the use of a hide for the Osprey shots? If you did, how would you rate the whole experience? I’ve been thinking about going to a hide to do something like this one day but the prices are usually huge and I feel like I can’t justify it. I’d quite like to buy a camo tent hide though and find my own site with a species of interest on it - or even bait a site and get some shots of a buzzard feeding in a field or something.

I'll PM you. 

The hide in Aviemore is way overpriced. £130 quid and if the weather/light is poor it's money down the drain. 

On a brighter note my baby Owl pics are doing very well on Twitter (700+ likes and counting) and been retweeted by a certain Mr Chris Packam. Well feckin chuffed. 

22 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Never been to a shinty game but that looks mental 🤪

Must go next time up North if a match on.

Don't ask about the rules....I've only been shooting the game for over the past 6-7 years and I still not 100% sure what classifies as a red card offense.

Sometimes it could be a small trip on a player....sometimes it may be because one player is standing over another player with a broken stick in hand.

1 hour ago, expatowner said:

IMG_1562838470.403994.jpgJaisalmer - India

If you hadn't put the location next to the photo, my first instinct told me that with all the piles of shit on the road and the multi-coloured decor of those parading, it was another snap from Glasgow city centre last saturday.  They wummins ferr like their make-up, eh ???

Apologies Expatowner, great photo as always.  The subject matter lent itself so . . . . . . 

If you hadn't put the location next to the photo, my first instinct told me that with all the piles of shit on the road and the multi-coloured decor of those parading, it was another snap from Glasgow city centre last saturday.  They wummins ferr like their make-up, eh ???

Apologies Expatowner, great photo as always.  The subject matter lent itself so . . . . . . 

IMG_1562928498.002599.jpg