Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anyone else is into photography?? Spent £330 on a Sony camera at xmas (joint present) and I'm really enjoying getting out and about with it. Had a trip down the east coast tonight day, logniddry and Berwick law. IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The police absolutely won't be monitoring this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5a63bd5e3ef58_nudgenudge.jpg.f3184cd3fef8d11e31727a845fd00dd7.jpg

all I can say is that while the "idiot" settings are good, don't be afraid to muck about with film speed, aperture etc. Experiment! Sometimes you get lucky: 

5a63bdbc25d1a_2017fireworks2.thumb.jpg.9dbb23a8f651b0e6bd4ac8cb09e75706.jpg

Festival Fireworks 2017 by tamthebam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

5a63bd5e3ef58_nudgenudge.jpg.f3184cd3fef8d11e31727a845fd00dd7.jpg

all I can say is that while the "idiot" settings are good, don't be afraid to muck about with film speed, aperture etc. Experiment! Sometimes you get lucky: 

5a63bdbc25d1a_2017fireworks2.thumb.jpg.9dbb23a8f651b0e6bd4ac8cb09e75706.jpg

Festival Fireworks 2017 by tamthebam

Totally agree with this 

Amazing effects and images can be achieved by experimenting .

If you’re just getting into it , best advice I can give is buy a tripod 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get yourself a tripod and some filters. They're essential especially for landscape stuff. There's a Photography thread somewhere on the e-Chat subforum as well which you might find useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, philpy said:

 

IMG_0451.jpg

 

Nothing to do with the thread subject, but why the f**k build the lighthouse in a position where the thing you don't want ships to run into obscures the warning light from more directions than it doesn't?

Or is there a 2nd lighthouse round the other side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I follow a page called I Love Leith on Facebook and some young man shared this lovely picture of the Shore the other day:

IMG_1516525376.763827.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't even realise this thread was here. Bought a Sony dsc hx400v for xmas, really good. I'm still learning a bit about shutter speeds and ISO. Was out and about yesterday down the east coast and got some good photos. IMG_0451.jpgIMG_0450.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, philpy said:

Didn't even realise this thread was here. Bought a Sony dsc hx400v for xmas, really good. I'm still learning a bit about shutter speeds and ISO. Was out and about yesterday down the east coast and got some good photos. IMG_0451.jpgIMG_0450.jpg

Have requested a move to the General Nonsense forum.

Nice shots. Can't beat a good landscape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinghorn Kingfisher, Saturday 20th January 2018. Took these whilst East Fife were getting pumped by Brora. Time better spent!

 

 

SDJ_2357-Edit.jpg

SDJ_2447-Edit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 16:48, Stevo Fife said:

Kinghorn Kingfisher, Saturday 20th January 2018. Took these whilst East Fife were getting pumped by Brora. Time better spent!

 

 

SDJ_2357-Edit.jpg

SDJ_2447-Edit.jpg

It's the movement you capture in every shot, and the personality that comes out because of it, that make your pictures special. Hope you don't mind me nicking one for my avatar. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's the movement you capture in every shot, and the personality that comes out because of it, that make your pictures special. Hope you don't mind me nicking one for my avatar. :P

Thanks for that:)

 

And feel free to use whatever pics you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a scroll through my phone and realised I take a lot of pictures of dogs but none are very good, so here's the dogs

cn.jpg

Edited by Torpar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 09:02, throbber said:

I follow a page called I Love Leith on Facebook and some young man shared this lovely picture of the Shore the other day:

IMG_1516525376.763827.jpg

Nice to see Leigh Griffiths getting a day off at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...