The Photography Thread

7 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Cheers

It varies tbh. If I've got my other half with me we'll stay in a self catering cottage for a week. Otherwise it's camps if I intend to kip on or near a mountain, or hostels/bunkhouses.

Torridon was excellent though, we booked out my climbing club's cottage. Worked out at 43 quid each for 7 days emoji38.png

It's been a couple of decades since I've been to Torridon...but it's simply majestic.

On 09/05/2017 at 20:23, Mackie The Staggie said:

Very nice @Stevo Fife, especially the last 3.

Some of my action over the past month or so.

1. Alness Utd vs Orkney

33104137323_c13dec6329_z.jpg

2. Alness Utd vs Orkney

33916968255_61980b3c02_z.jpg

3. Jock MacKay Cup Final

34056969365_cd51707a70_z.jpg

4. Jock MacKay Cup Final

33214680434_c179fdbe74_z.jpg

5. Speyside Rally Stage

33361787034_90478d86cd_z.jpg

6. Speyside Rally Stage

34163582266_468f588ecc_z.jpg

Cheers mate. Light has been challenging so far this year so trying to choose the "going out" days wisely:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Few pics from out and about up Kinnordy & Sheriffmuir. Highlights were the Weasel Kitts & Tawny Owl chick.

_SDJ9691.jpg

_SDJ9802.jpg

These two are my favourite and the 'Tawny Owl chick' is magnificent.  How long did it take you to get that shot?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

These two are my favourite and the 'Tawny Owl chick' is magnificent.  How long did it take you to get that shot?

About 2 minutes mate. Just walking very slowly and came across it by sheer luck. Poor thing was knackered with the heat.

3 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

About 2 minutes mate. Just walking very slowly and came across it by sheer luck. Poor thing was knackered with the heat.

It's a terrific pic and "Baby owl overcome by heatstroke in Scotland" would be a fitting strap-line.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Brilliant snaps, buddy but for the non Bill Oddies what is it?  I'm guessing a woodpecker but what type?

A Great Spotted Woodpecker & it's youngster who has still fledge.

Edited by Stevo Fife
add word

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Looks perfect to me - though I do think one snap of a stop sign would've been plenty.

Can you see Spuds photos? I'm just getting numbers/digits.

Or maybe I'm wooshed:lol:

17 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Can you see Spuds photos? I'm just getting numbers/digits.

Or maybe I'm wooshed:lol:

Wooshed I'm afraid.  I was going to edit it to read "one B&W snap of a stop sign" but you were too quick.  Loved the woodpecker snaps.  When we lived near Banchory I'd often hear a woody when I collected the weans from the school bus but never managed to see the fucker.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wooshed I'm afraid.  I was going to edit it to read "one B&W snap of a stop sign" but you were too quick.  Loved the woodpecker snaps.  When we lived near Banchory I'd often hear a woody when I collected the weans from the school bus but never managed to see the fucker.

First woosh in ages!

Aye, cool wee birds although very aggressive fuckers.

Here's a wee Swallow from this morning. Light was guff so could have been sharper but got pretty close anyway.

_SDJ0446-Edit.jpg

23 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Do we need an enigma machine to see them Spud?:P

Don't know why they wouldn't show up. Have uploaded them again. Hopefully they've worked this time!!