The Photography Thread

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Glesga last week. 
I mentioned the SLPOTY 2022 competition on Page 72 of this thread. Here's a shameless plug for the exhibition which opened the other week at Bonnie & Wild in the St James Quarter in Edinburgh. It's on for the rest of the year. 

image.thumb.jpeg.90a8007c04cff253a4f148a4c6583e62.jpeg

As a fan of East of Scotland League football that'll no be the first immobile horse's arse you'll have taken a photo of ..

This is Fha (Sky in english), both her parents are died when her grandad murders them in there sleep with a machete.

Took in 2008, changed the world I look at, she now works as a prostitute in Pattaya...How do I know 'she sent me a message after 9 years, thanking me for giving her 6 months of my life to her as a child'

Photos need a story?

P1000643.thumb.JPG.0021352b52d7a19ed8b98f643b501a69.JPG

Edited by SlipperyP

On 07/03/2023 at 17:08, TxRover said:

Really love the black and white for this picture. Excellent composition and a near perfect cloudscape to add a wee feeling of menace…or perhaps hope. Very nice picture, very easily could see that doing well retail.

Cheers. Won internal competition in photographic society and have entered it into a few nationals so will see where it goes.👍

On 05/12/2022 at 09:05, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Sunrise on the Cuillin Ridge from probably the best camping spot I've ever pitched at. Think this was back in 2017.

Coruisk-2.jpg

Cracking image. Have camped at Loch Coruisk many times. Stunning landscape all around.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Aye it's incredible. Have you done the boat trip from Elgol across to the Coruisk side? Well worth it 

We've got the boat out around 4 times using either the Misty Isle or Bella Jane. They drop us off and pick us up a couple of days later. Last time we did it we parked the car up at Sligachan Hotel and walked in, which took us around 5 hours. Was hell on earth as we were carrying tent, supplies etc. Great walk in/out but wouldn't do it again. Camping at sunset with only the sound of the cuckoos high up in the cliffs is not something you forget. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

We've got the boat out around 4 times using either the Misty Isle or Bella Jane. They drop us off and pick us up a couple of days later. Last time we did it we parked the car up at Sligachan Hotel and walked in, which took us around 5 hours. Was hell on earth as we were carrying tent, supplies etc. Great walk in/out but wouldn't do it again. Camping at sunset with only the sound of the cuckoos high up in the cliffs is not something you forget. 🙂

Similar for me. I walked in from Kilmarie when I camped. A fun climb up Sgurr na Stri in hot weather before I got decent lightweight stuff 😂

Didn't see anyone else at all and just sat at the top listening to a distant waterfall and a ship's bell below. Glorious. 

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Hawkhead Pier, Aberdour.

Dates to around 1850 so tbf it's quite old.

850_0294-Edit resized.jpg

Not sure why, but it reminds me of the sort of background that companies like American Eagle/Aeire and Fcuk would pose their model in front of. Very stark and mostly symmetrical, with that little divergence to the side framing a perfect area for the model to the right of the pier pillar. Add a dog and a “partner” sitting center front and I’d see it as an ad in huge campaign…sorry to drag the art down.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure why, but it reminds me of the sort of background that companies like American Eagle/Aeire and Fcuk would pose their model in front of. Very stark and mostly symmetrical, with that little divergence to the side framing a perfect area for the model to the right of the pier pillar. Add a dog and a “partner” sitting center front and I’d see it as an ad in huge campaign…sorry to drag the art down.

I had a vision of a naked Kylie Minogue or Emma Bunton in mind but I take on board your comments. Appreciated as always.😉

On 14/03/2023 at 11:42, Stevo Fife said:

On 14/03/2023 at 11:59, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Similar for me. I walked in from Kilmarie when I camped. A fun climb up Sgurr na Stri in hot weather before I got decent lightweight stuff 😂

Didn't see anyone else at all and just sat at the top listening to a distant waterfall and a ship's bell below. Glorious. 

Dripping with envy as I'm past the stage of getting my ageing carcass into these places. Had some great days on the ridge when I was doing the Munros and Corbetts and been in to Shenavall, Ben Alder Cottage, Barrisdale etc etc. Climbed the Dearg range at Ullapool overnight, kayaked into the interior of Lewis and camped, all while I had very basic camera gear with film. Also a bunch of mates who moaned if you stopped for a photo 🤣

I've neglected this thread a bit, some stunning images over the past couple of pages, really need to try and get out and do some landscapes myself...just need to get the motivation going.

I have been out over the past couple of weekends though.....mainly as an excuse not to watch County at the moment, but still....getting out.

Alness%20Utd%20vs%20Orkney-0343-X4.jpg

Alness%20United%20vs%20Clach%20'A'-7244-

Strathglass%20vs%20Inveraray-2804-X4.jpg

Lovat%20vs%20Kilmallie-4285-X4.jpg