The Photography Thread

On 23/10/2022 at 00:57, tentpeg said:

Banff national park 

One of the greatest places on earth, in my humble opinion.  As wonderful in winter as it is in summer.

I took this on my iPhone from the top of Sunshine Village in July 2019.  There was a very large, very fresh pile of bear pooh when we got to the far side of Larix Lake (the lower of the two lakes), which was a bit disconcerting but I had purchased bear spray so at least I felt safe (even if I was not):

Banff.jpg

5 hours ago, arab_joe said:

One of the greatest places on earth, in my humble opinion.  As wonderful in winter as it is in summer.

I took this on my iPhone from the top of Sunshine Village in July 2019.  There was a very large, very fresh pile of bear pooh when we got to the far side of Larix Lake 

yogibeardead-380x220.jpg.c096d477b2e90a75444201f4e6688a3b.jpg

too many Scotch eggs in the pic-i-nick baskets

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

The Boat & Ben.

Old wreck at Corpach with Ben Nevis in background.

The Boat & Ben (2).jpg

Really love the black and white for this picture. Excellent composition and a near perfect cloudscape to add a wee feeling of menace…or perhaps hope. Very nice picture, very easily could see that doing well retail.

Glesga last week. 
I mentioned the SLPOTY 2022 competition on Page 72 of this thread. Here's a shameless plug for the exhibition which opened the other week at Bonnie & Wild in the St James Quarter in Edinburgh. It's on for the rest of the year. 

image.thumb.jpeg.90a8007c04cff253a4f148a4c6583e62.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Really love the black and white for this picture. Excellent composition and a near perfect cloudscape to add a wee feeling of menace…or perhaps hope. Very nice picture, very easily could see that doing well retail.

Indeed. Quite a captivating photo and draws the viewer in.