The Photography Thread

Camas Mor's coastline this time last year. There's a cracking but exposed in places path which goes from the Rua Reidh Lighthouse at the end of the Melvaig road that follows the coast north for a bit. Some of the drops down to the sea are pretty mental. Great views though

Various-03.jpg

On 23/09/2022 at 11:13, Day of the Lords said:

Camas Mor's coastline this time last year. There's a cracking but exposed in places path which goes from the Rua Reidh Lighthouse at the end of the Melvaig road that follows the coast north for a bit. Some of the drops down to the sea are pretty mental. Great views though

Various-03.jpg

1M times better than me.

We're staying in a holiday cottage in Achnashellach this week, literally a stone's throw from the track to Coire Lair. I've been waiting for some clear night skies, and tonight as well as the "proper" camera, tried the Astro mode on my Google Pixel 6. Holy shit it's decent. 

PXL_20220927_213815996.NIGHT~2.jpg

Edited by Day of the Lords

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Cannot make my mind up on this one.  It is oil in the sea taken from the deck of a ship. Any comments?

I definitely can see that on a canvas print, but it needs some work on to make the colours stand out a bit more.  I'm not really into photoshop so I can't really over more advice really, but do think it can be tweaked a bit to make the colours 'pop' (god I hate using that term but can't think of a better way to say it atm)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

We have one very similar. Is that an Acer?

It’s a tulip tree. We put it in about 5 year after when we moved in here. Should have checked the growing guidelines though. They grow to 100ft! (Have cut it back each year for the past 6-7 years)