The Photography Thread

The plant I bought at the garden centre on Sunday came with freebees.

Bought a second hand Canon Eos 4000D to replace my goosed 550D. Will need to save up for the 18-400 lens I have my eye on and will maybe look into the 90D next year.

FB_IMG_1659649854110.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made the plunge and got myself the D850. I haven’t been out properly with it just yet but I’m loving it so far. The difference in image quality is night and day from my little D3200. There’s so many buttons that I’m not used to so I’ll have to spend a bit of time to master all the functions! The SnapBridge app is brilliant, such a novelty to be able to send photos over to my phone via WIFI. The touchscreen is handy as well. I took this shot on the way to work last week, not bad for being a poorly exposed, heavily edited JPEG. Looking forward to exploring the full potential of this #absoluteunit of a camera.

DSC_0021.jpg

On 27/08/2022 at 10:39, jamamafegan said:

Finally made the plunge and got myself the D850. I haven’t been out properly with it just yet but I’m loving it so far. The difference in image quality is night and day from my little D3200. There’s so many buttons that I’m not used to so I’ll have to spend a bit of time to master all the functions! The SnapBridge app is brilliant, such a novelty to be able to send photos over to my phone via WIFI. The touchscreen is handy as well. I took this shot on the way to work last week, not bad for being a poorly exposed, heavily edited JPEG. Looking forward to exploring the full potential of this #absoluteunit of a camera.

DSC_0021.jpg

Wise choice sir. A fantastic camera and I'm sure you'll get years of happy photography with it. The only fault I'm aware of is its not very good for video but that's not something I do anyway.

Enjoy.👍

On 30/08/2022 at 12:16, Stevo Fife said:

A wee wooden wedge under it and jobs a good un.

On 01/09/2022 at 10:37, Mackie The Staggie said:

I've seen this before....as long as nobody removes the idol at the bottom of the hill it's all ok.

Father Dougal Father Ted GIF - Father Dougal Father Ted Dont ...

This would be me.