The Photography Thread

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

This at Levenhall Philpy?

There was a kestrel there the other day. Sat on a post with its back to me so all I got was a photo of a feathery arse 

Nope. Down at "the grove". Park at the cowpits near whitecraig and walk down the side of the esk.

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Where were these taken? Is that a Stork? And fallow deer so guessing down south.

Beat me to it Stevo. Checked online and seemingly White Storks are now in the uk having been introduced. I’ve seen them in Extremadura where they’re ten a penny along with Griffon Vultures, and I even saw one Black Stork.
There are Fallow Deer in Scotland but I’ve only ever seen them at Loch of the Lowes, twice, and I doubt if they ever grow headgear like these which are presumably park deer.

5 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Beat me to it Stevo. Checked online and seemingly White Storks are now in the uk having been introduced. I’ve seen them in Extremadura where they’re ten a penny along with Griffon Vultures, and I even saw one Black Stork.
There are Fallow Deer in Scotland but I’ve only ever seen them at Loch of the Lowes, twice, and I doubt if they ever grow headgear like these which are presumably park deer.

I've seen the Fallow deer in Glenshee and Mull but the stork caught my attention. Not aware of any up here at all although successfully breeding down south. Be interested to hear where LondonHMFC took those pics 👌

1 minute ago, Stevo Fife said:

I've seen the Fallow deer in Glenshee and Mull but the stork caught my attention. Not aware of any up here at all although successfully breeding down south. Be interested to hear where LondonHMFC took those pics 👌

Wiki says one pair bred in 2020, presumably in the deep SE. No doubt @LondonHMFC will put us oot wir misery...

https://knepp.co.uk/white-storks

They are massive. I didn't realise they had any there, so as I was walking round in the mist somewhat nervous a Stag might pop out as you could hear them in the distance, had one of the storks fly above me. The noise of its wing was unbelievable. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

These photos were taken by my pal. Not sure if theres any other astrophotographers on here but I'm looking forward to meeting up with him to see how its all done. IMG-20210314-WA0002.jpgIMG-20210228-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210227-WA0003.jpg

The daily mail will be after his zoom lenses