The Photography Thread

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, philpy said:
Ashness Bridge, and surprise view near Keswick. 
IMG_20201101_112405.thumb.jpg.34d1b8e90bef16e0de74976b7cb952b9.jpg

Surprise view is nice, c**t of a road if it's busy though. There's a nice wee cafe right at the end of that road as well.

Is it ever not busy? The only quiet bits now seem to be the far west like Wasdale/Ennerdale. In winter. Too many memories of driving round in circles in Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick just looking for a space.

Is it ever not busy? The only quiet bits now seem to be the far west like Wasdale/Ennerdale. In winter. Too many memories of driving round in circles in Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick just looking for a space.
Only been once [emoji28] We stayed at the Borrowdale Hotel last July. Went for a drive one day and everything that looked remotely like a layby was mobbed. f**k that, give me the NW Highlands any day.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

we were down in July, lovely weather, car parks mobbed, Just gave up. This weekend - rain, car parks empty, but all the good walks around derwentwater were flooded 😂

On 01/11/2020 at 16:18, The Mantis said:

My Auntie has the farm at Wasdale head.

She says Wasdale has been like a bank holiday every day for months - she'll be pleased of a lockdown.

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

Thanks mate. The botanic gardens edinburgh. 

Went there once but saw bugger all. Seen them on the boating pond at Mussy though, and the Esk mouth. They're all over the place if you have the patience.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Went there once but saw bugger all. Seen them on the boating pond at Mussy though, and the Esk mouth. They're all over the place if you have the patience.

I walked across a patch that maybe I shouldn't have walked across, but anyway.. 

See at one end of the pond theres a bit with railings and 2 benches facing each other?? I walked around the right hand side and cut across the grass and some weeds (I think they were at least!) just before the wee bridge and got that shot from just beside the edge of the pond. 

On 08/11/2020 at 08:44, The Mantis said:

Out and about in my secret forest on Friday...

7J1A9063.thumb.jpg.7c9a92fd2213961c481afb1185849083.jpg

Where is this?

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

192396177_aerialballet.thumb.jpg.bc105a96f71a020d1e48c75d5deb5a91.jpg

1597559383_aerialballet2.thumb.jpg.5c5ca8761c3e56b88468f39e5f62f7d7.jpg

I always like a bit of aerial ballet....

..plus I got to see a game. I wonder if The Mantis, who was also there, got some nice snaps...

What game is this and where about?