The Photography Thread

On 21/09/2020 at 18:10, Stevo Fife said:

And a wee Red Squirrel, also taken in the Cairngorms.

CYMERA_20200921_175250.jpg

CYMERA_20200921_175357.jpg

Lovely pics , I wish there was some Red Squirrels down this way to photograph. Loads on greys , I've got one that frequently visits my window ledge for peanuts that I've got loads of pics of but unfortunately no Reds to be seen 

First time using the new tripod set up today. The idea was to set up and try to get some photos of waders as the tide went out. Unfortunately I didn’t get my lazy arse out the door early enough and the tide was already out, waders already busy feeding at my planned spot. Nevertheless I threw the camo netting over the posts and sat for just over an hour.

IMG_2481.jpg

Difficult to say if the camo actually worked because nothing was feeding in front of me! I think it will work though, will try another day properly. The day wasn’t a complete bust though as I spotted an otter make a break for it across the beach.

DSC_1102.jpg

2 hours ago, stanton said:

Lovely pics , I wish there was some Red Squirrels down this way to photograph. Loads on greys , I've got one that frequently visits my window ledge for peanuts that I've got loads of pics of but unfortunately no Reds to be seen 

Cheers. That bridge photo that you just put up. Is that just outside Earlstone?

30 minutes ago, stanton said:

Yes , Leaderfoot Viaduct. Just off the A68 trunk road 

Thought I recognised it. We went there last year. We were down for a few nights to see the area and also the Proclaimers.

We found a Peregrine nest near there. Cracking part of the country.👍

Folk might think Leaderfoot viaduct was part of the Waverley Line but it was actually for a branch that went through Kelso and other towns and joined up with the main Edinburgh-London line at Grantshouse.

There's also the site of a (very) small Roman amphitheatre near by

On 28/09/2020 at 23:33, tamthebam said:

Folk might think Leaderfoot viaduct was part of the Waverley Line but it was actually for a branch that went through Kelso and other towns and joined up with the main Edinburgh-London line at Grantshouse.

There's also the site of a (very) small Roman amphitheatre near by

What did the Romans ever do for us?? 

27 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Lovelyemoji108.png

One I got from last year.

DSC_0086.jpg

Yeah I've been on that wee pier on a previous visit in 2009, where you can't see all the letters, but this time there was no access due to covid. Here's a crappy slide scan from 1994 pre-digital 😉

lagavulin.thumb.jpg.f70b7036435d7a3543ac87dd772d0ec8.jpg

It was really frustrating this year. Ardbeg were doing a tasting but the manufacturing side was verboten, you couldn't get access to the shore anywhere. Laphroaig was completely shut, and I think it's impossible to get around the shore unless you go through the grounds.

Edited by The Mantis